8 Replies Latest reply: Dec 13, 2013 10:07 AM by treboreel RSS

Phone support

kayjbee Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

It seems as if Marriott Rewards has scaled back on human agents in customer support. Personally, I hate talking to bots, they dont answer my questions and dont have the ability to understand the underlying or additional question. The wait time for a basic question is poor and the quality of service provided by the human agents has also decreased.One of the things that I always liked about Marriott was the professionalism of their customer support and now that seems to have taken a hit.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Phone support
    gk17 Platinum 1 Reviews

Are these usually questions regarding reservations? If so, depending on what membership level you are at now, you might have a dedicated number for your respective status. I never had any problems making reservations or changes to my reservations with phone support. Wait time was pretty much nothing (at least for the Platinum line).

For other questions, I usually contact Marriott via their Contact Us email form. Again, I have no complaints here as well since they usually have a prompt reply during the regular business day hours and if I still have questions I followup with them and get more details from them without any issues.

I know exactly what you mean by talking to "bots" since a lot of these phone support people are probably reading from a script on what to say. I have personally called up the reservation line (maybe you called for other reasons besides for reservation) and was always a happy customer when I got off the phone. Maybe give the email support a try to see if that's any different in your case? I actually started with lots of questions (before I was even a Silver member) and they still replied back in a timely manner (within 24 hours in a lot of cases).

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I agree.  When I call PR, the wait is short and the professionalism is great.  However, when I have to call Rewards, I think I am with everyone else and the wait has been 30 min and more.  I know we have PCS but if there is more I am not aware of it.  The old web site used to put up the platinum reservations and customer service for me.  Now I don't know where to find them.  I have PR memorized but not the other.

gk17 Platinum 1 Reviews

That number for Platinum Guest Services should be 800-321-7396 (Marriott Platinum Reward Status | Marriott Platinum Elite Benefits)

Maybe you called the regular guest/customer services line? I know these "dedicated" lines are usually more responsive from what I read about them. I can't vouch for the wait time on this one since I usually call Reservation only. I don't recall ever calling guest services as I have been using the Contact Us form on their website instead.

I do have that number and the people there are great.  However if you have a Rewards question or problem, PCS will transfer us to Rewards.  That is where I have the wait.  I am not sure if they have an elite Rewards line.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Marriott Rewards has experienced higher than expected call volumes over the past few months.  A staffing increase is in the works but takes some time to get the associates trained.

Good to know!  The wait has been long.  Do you know if they have or will have an elite line for us?

kayjbee Platinum

I would assume that Marriott will wait till after the election to higher new employees. Dont want to do anything that might help the economy, for politican reasons.

treboreel Silver

Have experienced no delays but once an agent gets my info for a stay they seemed NOT to be able to find the rooms I see on line. I finally hung up and reserved online for the same hotel. Unfortunately I was trying to reserve and use points and free certificates but the booked rooms were for "NO REFUND"!  Could not use certificate and/points after that as I would still be charges on my crad. Saddened....Agent today said I could use the point/certificates, but my card still would be charge and unrefundable...What in the world? Rewards page show a certificate was cancelled for this stay. I do not understand....

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...