19 Replies Latest reply: Jul 16, 2012 7:56 PM by lone6star RSS

Stealing in Fairfiel Marriot

k_vinod Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hello Fellow Members,

I love marriot and I'm a platinum member for Marriot rewards, unfortunately strange thing happened today...

My iphone was stolen from room and its so surprising because I was using it and then never stepped out of the room...

When room service came in I just stepped out and came in and phone disappeared when I was looking for making a call after an hour.

This scares me of what happened...

Did any one experience the same..this happened at Fairfield In Marriot , 630 W James Carpenter Hwy, Irving Tx..

Be carefull dont leave your stuff even you are with in room.

Thanks,

Fellow Marriot Platinum Member..

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Stealing in Fairfiel Marriot
    californian Platinum 37 Reviews

Wow!  Thanks for the warning.  I am always careful but will be more so.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

That is so sad!

Have only had my room broke into once, in Denver, lost a Rolex.  Not fun, hope you get something back!

gk17 Platinum 1 Reviews

Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately most of these rooms (at the FFI at least) don't have a safe to store your items (have to do it in the frontdesk from what I understand). I usually try to leave things out in the open at a very minimum. Even when I step out of the room to grab food or go to the gym, I make sure I store my items away (wallet, watch, phone, etc.). The most you'll see out in the open is probably my laptop. *knock on wood* but so far not a single incident yet after staying at the same FFI for over 6 months.

k_vinod Platinum 1 Reviews

Good thing about the management is they have taken info from me for the insurance claim/report and I like the way management reacted to it.

Finally be carefull with your belongings.

Thank you again for bring this to our attention.

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

Welcome K.  Sorry your first post was concerning this situation.  It's good to know that hotel management handled it to your satisfaction.

psukeith5053 Platinum

Not sure what iPhone you had, but when you originally got it, you probably signed up for something called, find my iphone.  It's a tracking system that will show you where your phone is.  Personally, I'd try to track down the (personally deleted) "person" who stole it, but that's me.

kayjbee Platinum

I doubt this is the first item this person has stolen. By now, they are well aware to remove the sim card asap.

psukeith5053 Platinum

That may be true, but people who do stupid things tend to be stupid...

peterh Platinum 1 Reviews

I didn't know that Fairfield Inns had room service.

Neither did I!

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Was most likely housekeeping.....

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

seems like huge risk for housekeeper to take...........

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

yes.  we shouldn't accuse anyone without any evidence.

Yes.  I have misplaced things at home and am sure it is lost and then later find it.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

I'm not accusing anyone. My response was to peterh who posted that he didn't know they had room service in a Fairfield Inn. My response, since they don't have room service, was that it probably was housekeeping that came to the room.

Let's follow the posts, folks.........

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...