18 Replies Latest reply: Oct 14, 2012 10:57 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Gaylord Hotels

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I recently read that Marriott will be taking over the Gaylord Hotels.  Sorry, but I don't remember any of the details.  Does anyone have any information on this change?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Washignton, District Of Columbia, USA
Nashville, Tennessee, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Nashville Airport
  • Re: Gaylord Hotels
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Gaylord Hotels

This was posted about a week ago.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Thanks, nuhusker.  I missed that thread.  My mind was on baseball.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

I have also been following the super regionals, even though I don't have a particular favorite. But I'll pull for your Hogs.

Thanks, nuhusker.  We looked pretty bad yesterday, but I hope we can pull out a win today.

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

Dunno how many folks have stayed at a Gaylord, but they are .... um.... different, and fabulous, and, over-the-top, and, the closest thing to Vegas I've seen outside of Vegas, and well... you've got to try one to believe it... I expect we'll use these facilities on POINTS, and we're looking forward to it...

The Gaylord in DC is relatively new - it's nearby, but I've been multiple times... Some observations:

• SPECTACULAR atrium - an architectural marvel...
      • Interior balconies with atrium river views are killer
      • VERY nice rooms, bathrooms, details
      • BRUTALLY expensive, but often good government per diems, holiday specials, etc.
      • Conference facilities are some of the largest and most impressive and well managed I've seen anywhere in the world.
      • SUPERB food choices, but VERY, very expensive.
        • The big breakfast buffet is a budget buster, but a real crowd pleaser...
      • Winter/Xmas spectacle - including indoor snow, the ICE promotions (basically, they ship in an entire village of Chinese ice carvers for a couple of months, set up ice rinks, etc.), are unique, special, and worth it (at least once, if not more).....
      • Due to the scale - humongous - parking, check-in, and check-out can be a hassle.  And parking can be very expensive....
      • But you gotta see it to believe it!

Location Brand Hotel
      Washignton, District Of Columbia, USA

ss,

Thanks for the information.  Sounds like a very nice place.

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

I think there is one of these hotels in NYC.

According to their website they are only in TN, FL, TX, MD.

There use to be a Gaylord Restaurant near the UN that is part of an international chain with restaurants in London and Singapore, but that burnt down years ago.

Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center - Nashville Hotel, Tennessee

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

none in nyc......

I couldn't find one, but let me know if I somehow overlooked it

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Gem

there are none there...  period.

Thanks for checking.

Gaylord’s shareholders are scheduled to take a vote on the agreement in August, and the agreement is expected to close by October.

richie_the_c Platinum 2 Reviews

Just stayed at the Nashville Gaylord.  It was enormous to say the least.  Beautiful atrium areas with many restaurants which are very pricey.  Someone mentioned that they were like Vegas hotels....this one was in the sense of its size and atrium areas filled with tropical plants, boat ride through the indoor "river" and waterfalls.  It was not like Vegas in that the crowd was "older".  I would say that 90% of the crowd there was 60+.  The rooms were nice but not over the top.  They are not on the points system until 2013 so you can't use them for stays or earn them if you stay prior to the new year.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

richie,

Is that the "Opryland Hotel"?

That place is too huge?

An experience that includes a few nice places to dine!

richard37075 Platinum

Hey Jerry,

Yes, that is the "old" Opryland hotel.  2881 Rooms to be exact.  I have lived in Nashville for a long time, and the Opryland Hotel has been a landmark here for as long as I can remember.

And to answer a comment from above, Marriott is supposed to be issuing rewards points/rewards on October 29 for every property but Nashville.

From the Marriott home page:  "And to introduce Rewards members to this spectacular new brand, you can enjoy earning and redeeming at the Gaylord National, Gaylord Palms and the Gaylord Texan beginning October 29, 2012. Watch for more news from Marriott Rewards on Gaylord Opryland in 2013."

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

richard 37075,

Used to stay there but now I stay at the FF or the RI, nearby.  I just cannot take the huge crowds when I am traveling by myself.

There is a nice Marriott toward the airport that is most nice as well. 

The Opryland "Outlet Mall" is a wonderful place to shop"!

Location Brand Hotel
          Nashville, Tennessee, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Nashville Airport