This discussion is locked
Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

27 Replies Latest reply: Jun 9, 2012 7:28 PM by californian RSS

Insiders Home Page

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I can use some help.  I am not sure what I have done, but my home page shows posts that are really old.  I understand that there have been some issues in that regard, but how can I refresh the page to show most recent posts on ALL subjects.

thanks in advance

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Insiders Home Page
    tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

I have the same issue but I think it has something to do with the 'upgrading' that is being done. I've done a lot of signing on and signing off the last couple of days when I see all thse old posts. It's really aggravating.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

thanks tef

I thought I somehow changed something.  does it seem to you the # of new posts has dropped dramatically??

gk17 Platinum 1 Reviews

Are they actually new posts but showing up with older dates instead? I'm still new to this community and raised a similar question the other day without any response.

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I noticed the same thing.  I used to look at the home page and see the latese.  Not I have to work at it and then don't see many.

kevinhou/californian

they are definitely not new posts that have been post-dated.  they are old posts. 

Kevinhou  - welcome to the site!

shoeman

shoeman:

It certainly seems that the new postings have dropped off....but how can we really tell when a new post is relegated to page 2 just after being posted with all these old posts coming back to the front page.....

Whatever it is that is being done to these old posts keeps bringing them right back to the first page. I can't believe that a programmer can't figure out a way to keep these posts where they are (on back pages) unless there is a new post that is being added to it. Arghhhh.......

I think any programmer should be able to do a sort.  So maybe there is something else.  I think many of us have been unhappy with Marriotts site.  I liked the old and from what I heard many complained but we still have the new that I don't think is improved.  Marriott seems to work slow.

amen....

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

The announcement at the top of the homepage explains a little about what is happening.  It should be completed soon.  It is frustrating to try to figure out what is old and what is new, but I think it might be more user-friendly when the changes have been completed.

I appreciate pointing out the announcement that gives a little 'clarity' to this situation, but, I still think a little 'programming' fix could have relegated all this 'old post' nonsense to be a non-issue.

Just think how this site looks to someone who is new to it or visiting for the first time and sees all this 'years ago' nonsense being front and center. Will they say 'I like this site, it's current'?........will they say 'well, this is relevant'?......will they feel that 'this is certainly an up to date discussion'?......

Not a chance.....more likely they will say to themselves that 'I'm not about to try and navigate this mess'.........see ya!

I read the anouncement too but still felt lost.  After several days it is still not easy to find recent comments.  I agree with you

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

I've been asking for enhanced clarification...The CM responded on this thread.

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/thread/4002

erc Platinum

Yes, and that explanation is on an old link - Catch a Summer Movie ... - whew what a mess. I saw a June post with Stepping Stones and thought he was back, but alas, nothing more than 'site enhancement'. I don't know if I can take any more improvements. Thanks Pained (appropriatetitle  for navigating this stuff) for at least guiding us thru the morass.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Thanks to all for bringing this up!

Something is not right?

some replies suggest that some folks have figured a way to navigate this site while "under repair".  ok, I'm slow.  Someone please tell me how to get current posts to populate.  It seems to  me that is a very simple question that should have a very simple answer.  As you can see, I am frustrated as all-get-out and have no idea how to solve the problem.  Right now, I have to search -search-search for current posts, and when I find them I also find posts I didn't even know existed.   Help!!

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

shoeman, be it beyond me to ever give computer advice to anybody, anytime.  But, let me tell you how I peruse this site.  I always start with my communications section just to see what people I'm following have commented on, etc.  Then if I have time, I go to the Insiders homepage and to the right the major catagories are listed, destinations, marriott rewards, other topics, and something else which I dont' recall.  I then click on each of those individually and as I scroll down the page the most recent topics of discussion are listed which if I'm interested I can click on each one.  And so on for the other catagoreis.  My method is probably the mst unproductive and most time conuming way to read this site, but it works for me, in spite of the fact that I;m probably missing 90% of whaty others are saying.

I am with all of you.  It was easy before and now it is not.

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

nuhusker, this is how I am navigating the site right now, too.  According to the newest update from the CM, they hope to have everything back in order by 6-12-12.  Sure hope that will ease the frustration.

so, if that is the case, then new postings are down to a trickle.  correct??

I think activity is low. 

nanaglo45 Gold 3 Reviews

Though I only log on a couple of times a week to see what's up, I have gotten accustomed lately to just clicking on 'activity' and that seems to usually bring me to more current topics such as this very one!

Where do I find "activity"?

nanaglo45 Gold 3 Reviews

It's on the upper right side of the log in page next to 'communcations' and above one's avatar/picture. It's in smaller font than those topics in the 'tabs'.

Thanks.  Found it.  Amazing that it appears you were the first to do so.

nanaglo45

thanks for the tip!  I had no idea....

nanaglo45 Gold 3 Reviews

Wow, I am delighted to have been of service in some way, 'novice' that I am!

Maybe that is what it takes.  You have been really helpful.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...