5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 20, 2012 6:16 PM by pluto77 RSS

Valerie B. at Paris Rive Gauche is outstanding!!!

lakeshore Platinum 11 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Valerie B. at the Paris Marriott Rive Gauche is an outstanding employee and leader! Our family stayed for 15 nights over Easter, to celebrate two of our sons' birthdays, and Valerie made sure our trip was one we will never forget! She and I emailed back and forth about a month before our planned dates. I had informed her of our boys' birthdays, and she informed us that she was securing a jr. suite for our family with a magnificent view! Soooo nice! Her staff at the Concierge Lounge were second to none, and everyday, we all were greeted by our name and with big smiles. The concierge lounge was very busy in the mornings, and her staff were always accommodating, friendly, and made us feel like family. On my son's birthday, Valerie had sent up a gorgeous birthday cake for him with his name and age written on it, and two days later on my other son's birthday, there was a knock on the door, and another, completely different but equally beautiful and delicious cake was there for him. That afternoon, when we entered the CL, Valerie was there to wish him a happy birthday(along with all of the staff, just like they did two days before), and they wanted to hear all about our day! So nice! On Easter Sunday, they had crayons for the children, sheets with a big egg on them for the little artists to color. Then they displayed them on the wall by the entrance for all to see. The whole staff complimented the kids, and made them feel very special! They also passed out delicious Kinder Eggs(delicious chocolate eggs filled with a surprise toy) for all of the kids, and gave them other chocolates, too. Valerie and her staff made our trip extra special! We used to live in Paris, and for 15 nights over Easter, thanks to Valerie and her staff, we felt like we were living right there again.

THank you so much, Valerie B. and all of the fabulous staff of the Concierge Lounge at the Paris Marriott Rive Gauche! When we think of your spirit to serve, our hearts are filled with happiness, and our memories with smiles. We look forward to seeing you again, and will highly recommend the Marriott Rive Gauche to others because of you and your staff, Valerie, and your spirit to serve! Merci beaucoup!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Paris, France
  • Re: Valerie B. at Paris Rive Gauche is outstanding!!!
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

lakeshore,

Congratulations on a wonderful experience!

That is so nice to hear a positive report on Rive Gauche after we have heard so many bad things about the hotel.  Have never stayed there, but all Paris properties have there goods and others.

Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

laurac Marriott Associate

Greetings lakeshore. On behalf of behalf of Marriott associates around the world, we take pride in providing exceptional service for each and every guest and we appreciate you taking the time to nominate a Marriott associate for this important award. We’ll enter this nomination for consideration of the Spirit to Serve award.

Laura & The Marriott Rewards Insiders Team

lakeshore Platinum 11 Reviews

Thank you, Laura!

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Dear Laura C,

Have things changed since I last stayed there? I value the opinion of lakeshore mightily, and I stayed at the Rive Gauche probably about 7-10 times before a horrible rewards experience c. 2008.  Because I chose not to pay extra for a 'better room' (and am not supposed to as a PP) I was given a tiny room facing the southern Paris suburbs (not a pretty sight).  I'd always had wonderful experiences at the Rive Gauche (as many can attest) prior to that, so I am curious as to what may have changed.

I was treated horribly (c. 2008) at reception.  Though I am fluent in French, the check-in woman rattled the French off so quickly I could only get the gist of it, but it certainly included the idea that since I didn't pay the extra I'd end up with a not very good room (that part was surely true).

I've not stayed there since, and won't.  I wrote a tripadvisor comment, and was contacted by Marriott France's GM, who was most understanding and helpful, and I wrote to the Rive Gauche but did not receive an answer.

Since I have Accor highest status, I will probably stay at their hotels next time in Paris, or else at the Courtyard Saint-Denis. (Saint-Denis is a favorite of mine because of the first Gothic church, plus it's not expensive.)

The comeaway from the c. 2008 experience was that front desk manners matter.  They are the bestest of the best at the Athens Ledra Marriott and Ghent Marriott, but the Rive Gauche has either fired an employee or changed its general attitude.  I will very much need to be convinced to stay there again, and especially on rewards.

ProfChiara

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

I too would like to congratulate you on your wonderful stay.  What a heartwarming tale!  Thanks for sharing with us.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...