2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 5, 2012 8:36 PM by razorbackfan RSS

Houston Airport Marriott at George Bush International Airport

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We stayed at this Category 4 hotel using one of our free night stay certificates (category 1-4) from the spring promotion.  The hotel is actually in the middle of the airport. We had a great stay.  When we checked in, I asked for the best possible airport view.  If you viewed my post, Ask and You Shall Receive, you will view the picture taken from our room.  I could almost wave at the passengers.  My husband rearranged the furniture so that I could just sit at the window.  The planes were not taking off on that side of the airport, so we went upstairs to the revolving restaurant in the other tower and watched the planes taking off. The next morning, the planes were taking off on our side of the airport.

The Concierge Lounge was very busy during the afternoon. Some guests were unable to find places to sit. The food offerings included grilled vegetables and pork satay in addition to the cheese, crackers, chips, etc.  The attendant did a good job refilling the containers. It was not quite as busy when we went back for dessert.  Brownies and some fancy little desserts were available to the guests.  We had breakfast later than usual so we could avoid the crowd that had to go to work and that worked perfectly.  The attendant did a good job keeping the containers full.  The fruit was wonderful.  We were told the lounge is due to be renovated soon.

Parking is complimentary for guests staying overnight.  It is easy to get to your plane from the hotel  When we checked out, I asked if platinum members received free breakfast on the weekends when the lounge was closed and was told yes! 

I have wanted to stay at this hotel for a long time and I'm glad we finally had the chance to.  I highly recommend it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Houston, Texas, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Houston Airport Marriott at George Bush Intercontinental
  • Re: Houston Airport Marriott at George Bush International Airport
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Wow, that sounds like a great property...no parking fee at an airport hote!!!  WOW!  and breakfast on weekends!!  Glad you enjoyed it, razorbackfan.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Houston Airport Marriott at George Bush International Airport
      razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

We were very pleased with this hotel especially since we were staying on a free certificate.  The regular rate is around $249+tax I think.  I hope we will be able to stay there again sometime.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...