5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 5, 2012 10:29 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Houston Marriott West Loop by the Galleria

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We chose this hotel for a 3-night stay because they had a great week-end rate.  We will choose it in the future because the facility and the service are top notch.  The hotel has recently been renovated and is very pretty  We stopped by the hotel before noon on our way to a baseball tournament to see if we could drop off our luggage and were told that we could actually check in.  The desk agent gave us a room on one of the concierge floors.  She explained to us that although the lounge does not serve any food on the week-end, it is open for guests to get drinks all week-end.  We were also informed that breakfast was complimentary since the lounge was closed.  She gave us a list of nearby restaurants.  The list designates which restaurants you can walk to, which ones the shuttle can take you to, which ones have outdoor seating, etc.  We were impressed with the breakfast buffet in the restaurant and the breakfast in the lounge.  Sunday night, when we returned from a ball game, the hostess baked a batch of hot cookies just for us. MMMM.

Friday night, we were going to take the complimentary shuttle (within 3 miles I think) to a nearby restaurant for dinner.  The desk agent told us it would be about a 10 minute wait.  Apparently the van got trapped in Friday evening traffic and after about 30 minutes, they called a cab for us and picked up the tab.  I enjoyed sitting in the beautiful lobby and my husband took a short cat nap while we were waiting.  We've stayed at hotels before where they had plates of cookies on the counter, but this Marriott actually bakes the cookies in the lobby and provides white, chocolate, and strawberry milk to go with the cookies.  They were going to save us cookies if we hadn't made it back from dinner in time.  They also hold a reception in the lobby on Tuesday nights (and the CL hostess told us the food is quite good).

There is lots of dining and shopping in the area.The Galleria is nearby and if you can't find something you want there, you are not a real shopper.

We will definitely stay at this hotel when we return to the area.

The hotel is surrounded by buildings so the view is not spectacular; however, even though the interstate is nearby, the noise from the traffic is not disruptive.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Houston, Texas, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Houston Marriott West Loop by The Galleria
  • Re: Houston Marriott West Loop by the Galleria
    GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

Thanx for the update on concierge hours, and use of restaurants in the off hours.

This is really useful information for planning trips, and deciding which property to pick.

We can help any property that wants to save money by closing their lounge and not providing alternatives, by not using their property.  Then it will take less people to maintain the property.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

chrisf Alumni Steward Platinum 20 Reviews

I love the 'not a real shopper' comment!  Perhaps you should add ... 'or are from the UK' ... we always find your prices are way below ours!

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

razorbackfan, speaking of ball games, are y'all heading to Waco for the super regionals?  This will be the first year in 29 that I won't be able to attend a single game at CWS.

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

WooPigSooie!  Yes, the Hogs are going to Waco.  If Baylor had lost their regional, there was a slim chance the Super Regional would be moved to Fayetteville.  Hog fans would fill that ballpark.  We had a wonderful time at the regional.  It was the first time we had been able to go to a regional because I had to work in June before I retired. When I talked to my brother in Little Rock today, he said a friend had called him to tell him our picture was on the front page of the sports section.  The Houston Chronicle photographer had taken a picture of Razorback fans getting autographs from the players.  My husband had gotten a CWS hat and was getting that signed.   I checked the airfares to Omaha and they are so expensive and they usually get more expensive the closer to the flight date you buy them because we wouldn't be able to buy them until next week.  We'll be watching the games on TV for sure.  I know you are disappointed that you won't be able to attend any of the games.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Great report!

I hope Tony's is still available to dine!  What a great place to dine!  It was close to the hotel, and one of the best in the country!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...