1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 5, 2012 4:43 PM by chrisf RSS

marriott rewards and rapid rewards...

sdcinok Gold 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I notice that Southwest airlines has a "partner" arrangement with Marriott Rewards.

So how does that work?  When I stay at a Marriott, do I give them my Southwest Rewards number at check-in and they send the necessary information to Southwest to get credit for my Marriott stay with them?  I get my Marritt Rewards points as well as 600 points per stay in Rapid Rewards points?

And, while we are on the subject, I see Marriott partners with Hertz.  I guess I just give Hertz my Marriott Rewards number and they give Marriott what they need.  Can I also give Hertz my Southwest Rapid Rewards number and get credit there as well?  Can I also give Hertz my Amercian Airlines number and get points there as well?

I'm going to have to carry a matrix with me when I travel to keep all the "partners" straight....

Somebody please help me make sense out of this (UGH)...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: marriott rewards and rapid rewards...
    chrisf Alumni Steward Platinum 20 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Oh, if only ... sdcinok!  I think that in most cases it is 'one or other'.  If you stay at Marriott, I am pretty sure that it is either MR points or Southwest ... not both.  I seem to recall having to make that choice in my profile. 

You are correct re Hertz ... just give them your MR number and they should credit you with MR points ... or SW Rapid points if you so choose ... but not both.

The only hotel chain that allows me to 'double dip' is Hilton.  They did let me have both HH points and AA miles or get a double hit of HH points.  But the comparative value of HH points vs MR points shows that this is not a like for like comparison.

I hope this helps ... although it may disappoint!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...