6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 14, 2013 10:43 PM by tef6178 RSS

get points

elena Member
Currently Being Moderated

Use Hi, I bought a deal from book it.com for 5 nights in The Marriott hotel, but I didn't find options where use my Rewards number in that web site. How I can get my points?

Thanks!   

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: get points
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Elana,

I'm not aware of bookit. com, but if it's like expedia, I don't think you can get points. I copied the piece below from the terms and conditions page on marriott.com

• Rooms booked through third party online retailers, such as Expedia.com,
      Orbitz.com, Travelocity.com, and Hotels.com, as well as operators of opaque
      booking channels such as Priceline and Hotwire are not eligible for Points or
      Elite night credit. In cases where such third party online retailers offer for
      sale “retail” rates that require the guest to pay the hotel directly for the
      stay, provided the online retailer has remitted your Marriott Rewards
      information to the hotel, such stays are eligible for Points or Elite night
      credit. Wholesale packages and series tours are not eligible for Points or Elite
      night credit regardless of booking source.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

chrisf Alumni Steward Platinum 20 Reviews

Hi Elena

I think that it is down to the hotel whether to credit you or not.  When I have used a third party to book, I just present my MR card at check-in and they normally just add my Rewards number.  However, if it is a bargain basement rate, they may decline.  As PP states, the T&Cs do impose limitations but it's always worth a try.

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

Yes, usually at these third-party websites that give you great deals, you can not earn MR points. 

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Thanks, painedplatinum is correct - rooms booked through third party online retailers are not eligible for Points or

Elite night credit.

jsidorek Silver 1 Reviews

What about Vacations  by Marriott ?

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Check out the Terms and Conditions for Vacations by Marriott. There is the reality that you do not get elite night credit or points for those vacations.

Check out GENERAL TRAVEL CONDITIONS here:

https://www.vacationsbymarriott.com/terms-conditions

See Item # 12.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...