5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 7, 2012 3:55 PM by gk17 RSS

Wirefly Promo - Earn 7,500 points

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I noticed on the Marriott rewards website that there is a link to Wirefly (online cell store) with mention of Earning 7,500 points when you buy or renew your cell phone or wireless plan.  I've been thinking about upgrading my Verizon Android smartfone to a newer 4G version since my home area now has 4G coverage.  I was wondering if any other Insiders have used this promotion and if they are able to offer any feedback.

Thanks!

vaboywnder

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Wirefly Promo - Earn 7,500 points
    gk17 Platinum 1 Reviews

I personally haven't used this promotion but have to say that Wirefly is probably the better way to go compared to going to a Verizon store or doing it online at the Verizon website. The prices for the phones seem to be a little cheaper than when I bought it in-store. I will probably go through Wirefly in the future once my Verizon contract is up.

In terms of the promotion, I don't see any details on how long the 7,500 points will be posted. My guess is that it will be around the usual 6-8 weeks or more before you can cancel the service without any early termination fee. Not much but it's enough points for a 1 night stay at a category 1 hotel.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

joososo Platinum 2 Reviews

I upgraded two lines in March.  I would recommend not using wirefly for numerous reasons.  1. The "new" phones they sent me were refurbished and not new.  After a horrible customer service ordeal, I sent the phones back as  they finally agreed to swap them.  I shipped the phones back only to have them turn around and send the exact same phones back to me. I attempted to cancel the whole thing after they sent me the phones a second time. but they refused as the time period allowed for cancellation had expired.  The time lapsed two days before they resent the used phones to me.  I attempted to explain this to them and the csr gave me a second phone number to call with my concerns.  I was put on hold for over one hour and no one ever picked up.  I sent the phones back. They charged over $400 to my credit card and I am currently contesting these charges with my cc company.  Search the web and you will find horror stories abound.  You are much better off using Amazon, Costco. etc. as you will get the same deals as they have with out the headaches.

gk17 Platinum 1 Reviews

There weren't too many websites with reviews for Wirefly. The one I found from Reseller Ratings had over 1,000 ratings and 4.5 out of 5 stars:

Wirefly Reviews - wirefly.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

I agree that if they do sell refurbs, to go elsewhere looking for a new phone. From what I found, all their phones are new and any phones returned are sent back to the manufacturer. Like any company, I'm sure there are mistakes and negative reviews.

I wonder how many users here used Wirefly and what their experience is with them?

joososo Platinum 2 Reviews

gk17 Platinum 1 Reviews

Thanks for the link. Most of those were from the earlier days when they initially started (around 2007). A lot of complaints were regarding charges after several months have passed. Don't know the full story for these but some mention cancelling the service and got hit with the ETF from the phone provider and still got charged by Wirefly. I don't know how often that occurs now but I'm sure I'll be reading up on this more before I decide to use their service after my contract is up.

I was reading this on Reseller Ratings also and there were a lot of recent reviews (good and bad). For those that had issues, it seems there was an employee from Wirefly monitoring the reviews there and was responding to their complaints and mention that someone will followup with their problem. Don't know what actually happens, just going by what I see. So far, it looks like they make at least some extra effort to correct those problems that customers have.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...