7 Replies Latest reply: Aug 7, 2013 5:56 PM by eb5147 RSS

Gaylord Hotels

cjkatl Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Congrats to Marriott on the Gaylord Hotels deal. This will be a great addition to the MI family of hotels.

Does anyone have any idea how the MR program will be integrated into the Gaylord Hotels? Will elites get full benefits? Will guests receive points at the same level as at existing FS hotels?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Gaylord Hotels
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Am I wrong or are there only 4 Gaylord Hotels?  I googled the chain and could only find 4 existing locations.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

correct

cjkatl Platinum

While there are only four hotels, these are four very large hotel/conference center/resorts. All four are among the 100 largest hotels in the world. According to Wikipedia, which, granted, isn't always 100% accurate, Here are the Marriott and Gaylord hotels in the top 100:

24. Cosmopolitan (LV - Actually Paradise): 2,995 Rooms
      28. Gaylord Opryland (Nashville): 2,881
      54. (tie) Marriott World Center (Orlando): 2,000
      54. (tie) Gaylord National (DC/MD): 2,000
      62. NY Marriott Marquis (NYC): 1,949
      74. Atlanta Marriott Marquis (ATL): 1,675
      85. JW/Ritz Grande Lakes (Orlando): 1,584

91. Gaylord Texan (Grapevine): 1,511
      93. Marriott Marquis (San Francisco): 1,500
      97. Gaylord Palms (Orlando): 1,406

The four hotels have a total of almost 8,000 rooms.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

CJ,

Wow, I did not know that....very interesting statistics. I have been outside the Gaylord National at the National Harbor, MD area. It's impressive from the outside looking in...

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

Gaylord Texan, as I just looked it up, is a cat. 5 so it the 1-5 cert. can be used there.  Point savers were listed as 5 nights for 80,000 points while regular points would be 100K for 5 nights.

kroywen Gold 11 Reviews

I have been to two of them (Orlando & National Harbor, MD) and they are quite spectacular.  Dancing fountain shows, themed shopping "villages", flower gardens, etc.   Known for doing impressive Holiday Displays and having all year round fun activities

Definitely geared to the convention crowd (huge convention centers)  or to families with children for their special events, i.e. Shrek, Easter Bunny, Alligator Farm, Winter Wonderland w/ice skating exhibits.

Glad to have them as part of the Marriott group,

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Thanks for your interest cjkatl! The acquisition is subject to approval by Gaylord's shareholders but the intent is for these hotels to fully participate in Rewards. Those discussions and details are to be reviewed in the coming months and the effective implementation date is contingent on these discussions. But we'll absolutely be sure to let you know as information is available.