0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 23, 2012 11:43 AM by kansan RSS

Kansan

kansan Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I just returned from three nights in NYC - all by myself.  I stayed at the Marriott Eastside and was very happy with the property.  The staff couldn't have been more helpful.  Quick eating places nearby - a Starbucks less than a half a block away!  Good access to subways and buses - Grand Central a short walk away.  I walked home from a Broadway show one night around 10:00 pm and felt very safe.  And speaking of Broadway shows, I was terribly disappointed in Wicked.  I saw the matinee production and 4 of the main characters were performed by understudies.  There wasn't one song you could hum as you left the theatre.  I don't understand what all the hypes about.  I also saw Jersey Boys and would highly recommend that.  I've always been a big user of the subway system in past visits and this was the first time I used the public buses.  They are easy and get you places the subway doesn't.  Much easier if you have your Metro pass.  They don't give change on the buses.   My brother, who works in the City, took me to a restaurant that's about a 6 minute walk from the Eastside Marriott called "Vong".  It's an new-Asian kind of place, one of his favorites and recommended by the concierge as well.  Really enjoyed it so would encourage you to try it as well.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...