7 Replies Latest reply: Jun 3, 2012 2:11 PM by jerrycoin RSS

County Hall Marriott & The Queens Silver Jubilee

platinumstar Platinum 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

The Marriott County Hall, London is one of the most majestic and iconic buildings of historical interest in London and is situated directly on the River Thames, overlooking Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament, and has the London Eye outside the hotel. This weekend, London has gone "Jubilee cracy" for Her Majesty The Queens Silver Jubilee. The flotilla of ships will pass directly in front of the Marriott with the Queen on board.

I have just been into the Marriott and taken a few pictures of their inhouse celebrations and the pictures include their doormen who are kitted out as Beefeaters, there are Jubilee cushions all around the building, and a traditional old London red phone box in the lobby, and a picture of their rotunda situated outside the main entrance.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, England
  • Re: County Hall Marriott & The Queens Silver Jubilee
    tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

I saw a report today about how much preparation is going into this celebration. Sounds like it's to be a 'grand' time celebrating the Diamond Jubilee. Great pictures. Marriott County Hall must be the place to be for viewing the flotilla!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

platinumstar,

Wonderful pictures and report!

Wish I was there, but I don't think I would be able to get one of those wonderful rooms on The Thames during this event!  London will go from this to The Olympics, "What a year"!

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

Love, Love, Love that property!

Absolutely gorgeous!

And as a marriott platinum they gave me a great room with a fantastic view.  I could see Big Ben from my bed.

Ate all my meals in as the room was the best sightseeing in town!

Gem Princess,

I forwarded this post to the hotel to let them know "They are making Front Page" on MI", and got this wonderful response.

Dear Mr Morgan,

I hope you and Mrs Morgan are doing well.

It is so nice to see you again a few weeks ago.

The hotel is indeed very busy and the decorations are absolutely amazing.

You will probably see us on television as our Majesty The Queen will be passing by the hotel at about 3.15pm tomorrow.

It is such an exciting time for all of us, and we will indeed celebrate in style.

We look forward to Welcome you and Mrs Morgan back very soon, and Thank you very much again for forwarding us these comments.

Kind regards,

NIC,

This is "ONE PROUD PROPERTY"!

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

What GREAT pics!

thanks for sharing.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

My wife and I were in London 30 years ago, a week before the Queen's 30th anniversary.  Just watching the preparations and rehearsals was neat.  Lots of fancy carriages, uniformed folks, horses, everything in the rehearsals looked perfect.

NU,

Saw the pictures today of the week-end festivities in London and they looked "Harsh".  The weather was really cold and rainy.  Would have been great to spend the week-end viewing the events from County Hall!  Looks like the weather did not "Dampen" everyones enthusiasm for the historic event!

I hope we hear from some of our Great Britain MI for more details!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...