35 Replies Latest reply: Jan 3, 2014 7:10 AM by randyg RSS

Marriott Rewards Credit Card

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

When I signed in to my Marriott Rewards account, I noticed that there is a new category in the drop down menu and it is Marriott Rewards Credit Card.  The 3 types of credit cards and their benefits are explained.  I think it is a very good tool for comparing the benefits.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Rewards Credit Card
    lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

Yes, I noticed that today as well.  The more communication about the card and the program the better informed we and future card/program holders will be.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Raz,

I'm not seeing this...where exactly is it on marriott.com?

kroywen Gold 11 Reviews

I don't have that link either, but I am already using the Premier card.    However there is a box on the left-hand side that indicates I've received points on my card and encourages me to use them. 

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I looked for the box and don't see it. 

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

I agree, it's a good way to compare these 3 credit cards.  I just would like for the web site designer to place the CC link above the MI link on the drop down menu.  It's more convenient for me to have the MI link on the bottom of the list.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

razorbackfan:

Is this on the Chase site or the Marriott site? I can see the card comparison when I log in at Chase but don't see it at marriott.com.

The Marriott site.  Use the pull down menu that you use for Insiders.  Insiders used to be last and has been replaced by the MRC.  I wish they has lest Insiders last.

I don't have it on my page yet. Guess I'm in the next batch of updates.

nanaglo45 Gold 3 Reviews

It doesn't show up on my drop down list either. Marriott Rewards Insiders remains at the bottom. Do you think it has anything to do with the fact that one is already a card holder? I hold the 'best' one of the cards available so maybe they don't feel I need to know any more....??

I have the card too but get it in the menu.  I have the platinum one not the business.

nana,

How do you know you have the "best" one?

nanaglo45 Gold 3 Reviews

My card is the  Chase premier black signature card which I believe gives the somewhat better rewards options. I still don't have anything showing in my account drop down box regarding the Chase credit card options. Some do, some don't...hmmmm....

taxman415 Platinum

I am a current card holder and see the link too...

nanaglo45 Gold 3 Reviews

Well, I feel kinda' left out......maybe it'll show up eventually...

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

Put me in the category that didn't get that option in the pull-down menu.  I'm guessing (as noted above) it's because I've already got the Premier Card.

I think it was worth the "upgrade." When I was thinking of switching from the normal to the premier card, I got a lost of good insider feedback.  See here: http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/thread/8911 and the link in the first post.  My bottom line: if you travel a lot outside of the country, it's worth it due to the waiver of the currency conversion fee.

Good luck.

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

I also have the premier card, but I still saw it on the drop down menu.  Yesterday it was below Insiders, today it has been moved up.

I am a current credit card holder and it shows as a link for me as well.

It has disappeared from my drop down menu.  Maybe they checked my credit and had second thoughts.

They could be just doing some knid of sampling test, and then roll it out to everyone, once the expected results are as anticipated.

That's fine.  It's just annoying to have to work around advertisements I'm not interested in.  Glad it's gone...for now anyway.

Mine still shows it.  I agree with nuhusher about working around advertisements.

It has reappeared.  Very annoying!

Just checked mine and it still is there.  It makes selecting Insiders harder.  I also have the premier card.

Mine is gone and has not reappeared for 2 days.  Maybe forever.

I got the MRCC line earlier this week. Now it's gone...........

We learned that we don't all see the same thing when logging in.  I wonder if it is gone for all of us.  Perhaps they read all of our comments.

Yes, that is true, but its still there for me!

Mine has been gone for 2 days.  I hope that it does not come back.

good one husker!

randyg Member

Most credit card rewards programs pay card holders for spending and adding to debt. However, Bank of America recently issued a card that rewards people for paying down debt. The BankAmericard Better Balance Rewards card incentivizes cardholders for paying their monthly bills on time and for throwing in a little more over their minimum charge. Those rewards can be applied to the customer’s credit card debt, or they can be cashed out and deposited into another account.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...