4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 1, 2012 3:59 PM by johnl RSS

Certificate Expiration for free Cat 1-4 Hotel

santotrap Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

As a platinum member, I would not expect having to hold over 30 minutes to speak to someone at Marriot Rewards.  I wanted to know if I can extend my certificates for a free Cat 1-4 hotel (expire May 31), even if it costs me some Marriot points to do so.   I do not want to lose these certificates as I completed the promotion last year and, when I tried to use them in North Carolina at a recent day, they told me I could not.   

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Certificate Expiration for free Cat 1-4 Hotel
    californian Platinum 37 Reviews

We must have been on hold at the same time.  I was trying to extend a package certificate.  I was advised to wait till it got closer which would give me more time.  Please let us know if they do extend it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iestrikesback Platinum 44 Reviews

I was able to extend one of my Cat 1-4 certificates by 6 months, with no point or $$ cost.  Keep trying the Platinum number.

johnl Marriott Associate Gold

Santotrap, I'm sorry to hear of your long wait time when contacting Marriott Rewards Customer Service.  I know they have been experiencing very high call volumes for the past couple of months, and are trying to get their staff size increased as quickly as possible.

From what I understand, it's not too difficult to get these types of promotional rewards extended.  If it's possible, try calling back today (Friday), as I know that Thursdays and Fridays are typically less busy than the first half of the week.