8 Replies Latest reply: Jul 23, 2013 2:06 PM by timbotim2 RSS

Orlando Recommendations

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We are considering an adults only trip to Disney.  I read most of the comments on the Insiders site and gathered lots of information.  The problem is, a lot of the information concerning hotels is 2 or 3 years old.  If you have been to the area in the last year or two, please share your thoughts on how 2 adults can make the most of their stay.  What is your favorite hotel(s), where do you like to dine, what tips do you have to make the most of our time at Disneyworld, etc.?  Thanks for your input.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Orlando, Florida, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Orlando Airport Marriott Lakeside
Orlando, Florida, USA JW Marriott JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes
Orlando, Florida, USA Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld
Orlando, Florida, USA Autograph Collection Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection
  • Re: Orlando Recommendations
    californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I was just there and stayed at the Marriott Cyrpres Harbor which had 2 bedrooms and I had a very nice room.  It was convienent to the freeways and easy to get to Disney.  The resort was a place to relax after fighting the crowds.  I ate many dinners at the Parks.  Epcot has food comparable to some better resturants.  Some are in demand and require reservations to get in.  I enjoy the Japanese.  At Holywood Studios, I like Mama ?, the Ilalian resturant, again high quality food.  At the Magic Kingdom, there ia a resturant at the entrance, to the right, I don't remember the name but the food was good.  At the Animal Kingdom, I ate at the Rainforest Cafe, which was good and I think the best in that park.

Stay away from the Magic Kingdom on Monday.  At Epcot, head to the world showcase as soon as it opens and do future world later.  If you want to do Soarin, get a fast fas early.  Test Track is closed till fall.  At the Animal Kingdom, hear to Africa and get a fast pas for the K Safari (sometimes the wait time is short enough to just wait).  The Lion King is really worth while.  Get there around 30 min in advance to get a good seat.  Don't sit too low because they put wheelchairs in front of you and you can't see.  The Mt Everst roller coaster is a good experience, more mild than some.  At Holywood Studios, Lights, Motors & Action is a really good stunt show.

Hope this helps!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

Thanks, Californian.  These hints really help!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

californian,

Excellent assessment! 

This advice will help all of us in the future!

baysidedmd Platinum 6 Reviews

JW Grande Lakes is an amazingly beautiful property that is really worth the short drive to Disney.  The pools are lovely, the grounds spectacular, it is adjacent to a Ritz Carlton that you can walk to for dinner or cocktails and there is no better Marriott hotel in Orlando.  The lobby has a tropical smell reminiscent of an island and that continues onto the really nicely appointed rooms.  Restaurants in the hotel also did not disappoint.  Marriott World Congress is another nice property but Grande Lakes is really spectacular and not at all kid centered.

floridatravels Platinum 9 Reviews

i suggest going in the Fall- a lot less families there in Sept/Oct.  JW is fabulous i agree and i have recently been staying at World Congress as JW was full or rates too high.  i have gotten wonderful suites at World Congress, the restaurants are great, and they have newly remolded pool area with 3 water slides that even the "adults" love.  which ever one you choose ask for a room that has a view of the fireworks.  World Congress is closer so better view.

also the time-share properties in Orlando are wonderful as well if you prefer that type of lodging- you can reserve them on a nightly basis- dont need to stay for 7 nights.

pointjunkie Gold 2 Reviews

Assuming you've been to visit the "Mouse" before, I would print out a map of WDW park.

Focus in on what shows you'd like to see and which rides you would enjoy.

We always start the park "in the back" and work our way forward so that we will be on Main Street for the evening parade.

Get your piece of curb early!

Any of the MVCI resorts are good choices.  Our favorite is Grand Vista. Great pools for those alternate (not going to the parks today) days.

pointjunkie Gold 2 Reviews

Assuming you've been to visit the "Mouse" before, I would print out a map of WDW park.

Focus in on what shows you'd like to see and which rides you would enjoy.

We always start the park "in the back" and work our way forward so that we will be on Main Street for the evening parade.

Get your piece of curb early!

Any of the MVCI resorts are good choices.  Our favorite is Grand Vista. Great pools for those alternate (not going to the parks today) days.

timbotim2 Gold

Was just there a couple of days ago. .   we stayed at the Holiday Inn Lakes Resort - stay away from that, the worst hotel experience in a long time.  I've stayed at a lot of hotels around the convention center over the years and they are all overused and worn out.  I did take a romance trip to a Orlando a year ago and the room and hotel was amazing for being so close to Disney. . . I highly recommend the Marriott Orlando World Center.  Whether with kids or just the two of you, this is a place I'll return to.  Most resorts here are time shares under the disguise of a hotel which go downhill fast. . . this one is a true hotel so you get all the services.  They have adult pools to get away from kids and the restaurants on property are good quality too. . . room service was outstanding.  Make sure you have a balcony overlooking the pool in the remodelled section, high floor, and you'll be fine.

We love eating at Cafe Tu Tu Tango, lots of fun especially dinner. . . it's all delicious appetizers, , , don't worry, you'll be full and satisfied.  Roy's is pretty much right next door.  If in Magic Kingdom we really enjoyed a surprisingly wonderful Thanksgiving dinner at the Liberty Tree - reservations required, everyone in our group raved about it all night.

If you go to Disney, take in your own lunch and drinks in a cooler backpack.  Make sure to get the Disney Experience card &/or app to use the fast pass or you won't have much time since you'll spend your day in lines.  Go to the big rides at night, at 9 when the parade is going on.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...