4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 15, 2008 1:33 PM by up4golf RSS

Golf vacations

ga_golfer Gold
Currently Being Moderated

If you're looking for great golf vacations in the Southeast, try the Robert Trent Jones Trail of Golf.  They are truly great courses, and most have Marriott properties on site, or very near by.  Each venue has 2 or 3 courses, and can be a good weekend (or longer) golf experience.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Golf vacations
    doublebogey Silver

Where is the Robert Trent Jones Trail of golf located?

Would it be ok to play there in October or November?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bagsarepacked Silver
    re-Georgia golfer-----I haven't tried the Robert Trent Jones tour but just came off 4 days of Golf at Jekyll Island. Had a great time and played a different course each day. Had dinner at the Jekyll Island Club.  Worth the visit and the price.   Bagsarepacked

puttinwedge Gold
    The Robert Trent Jones trail is mostly in Alabama from my understanding, I understand they are great courses but I also hear the green fees are pretty high.  I am not sure if Oct or Nov would be warm enough, but I am sure the rates will be better then.

up4golf Gold
    October and early November is a fine time to play the Robert Trent Jones golf trail. You have 10 or 11 courses to choose from with varying green fees. I played four of the courses last spring...and while these are excellent courses, several of them had VERY dry fairways due to the lack of rain (at least for last spring). If I were going to play them again, I would definitely check on the playing conditions. You can find out more about the golf trail at rtjgolf.com

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...