6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 28, 2012 8:11 PM by GemPrincess RSS

Embarrassing and horrible encounter with Marriott Staff

HGrossman Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I had a horrendous experience with a Guest Relations  Manager at The Residence Inn

in NYC in Times Square recently. I've been a Platinum member for five years and it

really made me reconsider if I want to continue as a Marriott Customer, who

do I complain to and find out if this person will apologize and that Platinum Members

should not be treated like Bums coming in off the street.

Thanks,

Howard Grossman

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Embarrassing and horrible encounter with Marriott Staff
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

How,

You could start with the hotel GM. If you've done that, there is a Customer Support team at Marriott....give them a call.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

johnl Marriott Associate Gold

I apologize for the lateness of my reply, as I am new to this forum.  You have the option of speaking to the GM of the hotel, as painedplatinum has suggested.  You can also contact the Hotel Customer Service office for Residence Inns at 800-899-7224, or via the web at https://www.marriott.com/suggest/suggest.mi, and selecting "Compliments/Concerns about previous hotel stay" as your topic.

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

I have stayed there many times myself, and have never had an issue.  Hope everything works out for you!

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

When I have had problems with a property, which has only happened twice in my entire time of staying at Marriotts, I call my Platinum Elite number and have someone from there call the property and talk with the troublemaker.  Both times in under 1 hour, whatever problem I was having disappeared, and everyone was making profuse apologies about how they did realize xyz.

Interestingly enough, both times were in Florida.

One in Ft Lauderdale, years ago, as Marriott no longer owns that property.

Second time was not long ago in Tampa, and the hotel manager was actually giving me a hard time.  Usually its an employee that just isn't getting it and when I talk to the manager its all settled, but this manager was so belligerent I refused to stay at the property.  They did not charge me for the nite and I moved to another Marriott property that was much nicer.

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

I remember your telling about that incident and how you went over to the new Marriott on the water, if I remember correctly.

I had a problem at Tallahassee, but the GM rectified that within an hour.

One thing we've run across in FL is that all the beds seem to be full sized instead of queen.  That's also the case at the Marriott in Columbia, SC even though they seem to have plenty of room for queen beds.  

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

Sorry to hear about your bad experience!

This is one of my favorite properties, and your experience sound to be an exception.

I would hope the GM would wish to know about this and inusre it never happens again!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...