10 Replies Latest reply: May 27, 2012 10:58 PM by jerrycoin RSS

American Pickers

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Wife and I, both fans of the tv show, American Pickers, made a trip today to LeClaire, Iowa, a small town just a few miles north of the Quad Cities along the Mississippi River.  Hoped to see Mike, Frank or Danielle, but that was a big no-go.  Their store was a lot smaller than we'd imagined and really didn't have a whole lot of junk, I mean treasures, for sale.  But now we can say we've been there.

018.JPG

020.JPG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Le Claire, Iowa, USA
  • Re: American Pickers
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

nu,

Looks like fun!

Am headed to Hannibal, Mo today for a drive along the Mississippi!  It's hot here, but the drive is a "Cool one"!

Have a wonderful Memorial Day!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Jerry/ Husker

looks like you guys in the midwest are experiencing heat more reminiscent of the southwest.  as the guy in the commercial says "stay thirsty my friend"

shoeman

Shoeman,

Will be out in Missouri Wine Country this week, so I won't stay thirsty for long!

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

We wanted to take a trip to Hannibal when we did the Katy Trail Ride in 2008.  Unfortunately, there was a lot of flooding and locals recommended that we try another time.

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

This is one of my favorite shows.  Too bad you didn't encounter any of the stars!

We were a little disappointed not to see Frank and Mike, but really didn't expect to anyway.  Danielle has another antique shop across the street from Antique Archaeology.  Funny thing, all employees of both stores were girls, at least yesterday when we were there, and they all were loaded with tattoos.  I was going to take a picture of them, but, well, my wife was with me...  Anyway, the Mississippi has some great little river towns all the way down south.  Hannibal, MO, that jerrycoin mentioned, is a real neat place that really captures the spirit of Mark Twain and middle America.  Tomorrow, we'll visit a Confederate Cemetery at Rock Island, IL.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

I recall taking a school-sponsored trip to Hannibal in 8th grade.  Back then, there was no such thing as a trip to DC, at least not in my school.  We did however, take the requisite trip to our state capitol, Jefferson City, as well as a trip to Hannibal to visit the town made famous by the likes of Mark Twain and Huck Finn.  As I recall, we viewed the white picket fence made famous in the story of Huck Finn.

It is a great place to find a bit of Americana in the midwest.

That fence is still there, shoeman, and always appears to be freshly painted.  There are still many Tom Sawyers and Huck Finns out here. 

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

My husband loves this show.  I love the Uncle Sam--a piece of Americana.

Nu, Shoeman, Razorback, and all patriots,

Yes, it was a great day to see more Mississippi River locations.  Will have some posts soon.  Hope Chris and Arkwright continue to enjoy all of our posts on The MidWest river towns.  They are an important part of are history.

By the way, there were a lot of new Antique stores on the route to Hannibal.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...