3 Replies Latest reply: May 24, 2012 5:53 PM by tef6178 RSS

Au revoir, Mademoiselle!

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Just read that back in February, the French government officially bid 'adieu' to the term 'mademoiselle.'  Hmmm... How very modern of them?

Thoughts?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/23/world/europe/france-drops-mademoiselle-from-official-use.html

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Au revoir, Mademoiselle!
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

pluto,

I really like and use the term!  Obviously, I am "Old Fashioned", but I never had a lady act like I "Insulted' her with the term!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Yes, I love the term too.  Love to say it.  Love to read it.  Love to spell it.  Sigh.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

All I can say is.....'sacre bleu'!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...