4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 1, 2012 3:30 PM by johnl RSS

earing rewards points by entering auth code?

Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Can I enter my Auth Code (from credit card receipt) for Marriott restaurant purchase in order to get reward points?

Without thinking I provided the waitress with my visa card instead of asking to charge my bill to my room.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: earing rewards points by entering auth code?
    razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

Hi James, I don't think it is possible to enter an authorization code; however, if you used a Marriott Visa, you will get points on your purchase.  If you don't have a Marriott Visa, lots of Insiders, including myself, recommend it as a great way to earn points.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

No, if you did not originally charge your hotel dinner to your room, you will not receive the additional points on your hotel charges (double dipping, so to speak, as you get points for your room and room charges and paying with your Marriott credit card).

You will only receive the points based on what was charged to your credit card.  And, that differs, based on Marriott brand.

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

It is my understanding that your only get Rewards poionts if you charge it to your room.  Starwood claims to give points even if not staying there but most times I never get the points and it is not worth it to claim a few points later.

johnl Marriott Associate Gold

It's not possible for you to enter an authorization code to have your points from the restaurant added.  I would recommend contacting MR customer service to see if they could manually add it after the stay has posted to your account.  Their contact info can be found here: https://www.marriott.com/suggest/default.mi

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...