6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 1, 2012 9:18 PM by californian RSS

Survey from Elite Loyalty Special Services

curiousone Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

On Monday I received an e-mail from Marriott asking me to take a survey. The e-mailed indicated that Marriott had noticed that my number of stays had dropped off and wanted to know why. (In 2010 I actually had 75 nights, in 2011 I missed it by 5 nights and they renewed my Platinum status. So far I have only stayed 6 nights this year.) I took the survey and indicated that I was "trying out" other brands due to the concierge lounges being closed on weekends and most hotels no longer offering complimentary breakfast to make up for the CL being closed. Rather than type a whole lot I referred to the many threads on MRI regarding this issue.

Within an hour I had an e-mail asking for more information, which I responded to today. Each time I mentioned "trying out" other brands I also mentioned that I hoped Marriott would correct this problem, so I could remain a loyal Marriott customer.

Has anybody else been contacted by Elite Loyalty Special Services?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Survey from Elite Loyalty Special Services
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

I have not been sent a survey. I had a strong 1st quarter of stays. Last two months have been soft. We'll see.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Have not been contacted but like your reply!

erc Platinum

Like tef, I too liked your response. Who knows, maybe the powers that be at Marriott have so much data, that they don't have info. Any of us with any marketing background were amazed that Marriott could run a BOGO program and not have the impact of the program for at least half a year afterwards (that's the explanation they gave for 'studying' the reinstatement). Perhaps now as softening numbers start rolling in, they may be more responsive to the service issues, or then again you may just be pestered with follow up surveys that lay fallow on the desk of a CFO, we'll see.

As I sit here typing at the JW in New Orleans receiving superb service (food info to come soon Pluto), I realize the obvious, Marriott still has service oriented managers and employees, especially when we get to know each other. Perhaps this becomes the new direction of this forum, a sharing of Room and Front Desk Managers, Exec Assts. and other folks who actually care at the point of delivery (also which rooms have the best views etc). Austin Westbrook is the man to know at the JW here in the Big Easy. Got to run, a terrific breakfast awaits me in the CL (although not tomorrow). And as for SS, come back Shane !

dejamo Platinum

Look out erc..............

You mentioned a full name on the website.........................  U will be officially lashed, sanctioned, caned and waterboarded, when the gustapo catches up to you.....like all the rest of us "sinners" who have put names on the insiders.

30 days after my last stay at a MR property (March 16),  I too, received an email noticing my nights have dropped off (usually a PP with 150 + nights a year).  I was asked why

I sent an email back explaining there were no incentives to maintain PP status year after year,  mass defections,  non - movement of incentives,  inconsistant customer services,   etc....etc....etc....

2 days later I received another email stating that there were incentives to maintain my PP status....(listed below)

Marriott strives to be the best loyalty rewards program with the best customer service experience and I am very sorry to hear that you did not have that experience this past year.  Unfortunately the all-inclusive packages could be compared to promotions, they may be available for a certain period of time; however, are not permanent.  There are incentives to being a Platinum Premier member, such as:  Recognition of being the top 3% of all Platinum Elite members, Dedicated phone line & Email for assistance with Booking Reservations/ Booking Rewards Redemption Stays/ Coordinating Partner Rewards/ Assistance with any inquiries regarding your Loyalty Rewards account/, 1 year subscription to Wall Street Journal mobile phone App.... and these are all in addition to the Silver, Gold, and Platinum elite benefits that you already receive as well.  Is there a specific benefit that you thought you would receive as a Platinum Premier member?  Is there anything specific you would like to see changed about the Marriott Insiders Website?

So, pretty much, IMHO, nothing has changed, over the past few years, except for a degradation of offerings, and this cumbersome website, which is continually being "tweaked", and continually for the worse.  All inclusive packages being viewed as "promotions" ?................  Dont promotions usually have specified timeframes on planet earth ? (never a time period mentioned on the webpages,  in the literature at hotels, or in the bible for that matter) just a "sneak peak" for us "insiders" before the "B" team on October 17th................gag me with a spoon !

I "processed" their reply, and decided to take it easy on the robot that was spewing the the politburo propaganda, explaining that they hit the nail on the head.

-     What does "Recognition of being the top 3%" mean,  a nonfunctioning solar battery charger ?  A 1 year subscription to the WSJ ?(never read it),  the few times I have some clueless associate think they are doing me a favor by moving me to the "concierge level of rooms" (note - same exact room type, down to the stained bathtub,  but only 1 floor higher),  "another" dedicated phone line ? "another" customer service email address (for which they may be a tad bit more professional and willing to let you vent for longer periods of time)?

It is quite obvious to me, as it has been to some of the other long time, active koolaid drinkers of MRI,  that they have a long way to go to inform their people of  what really matters to the road warriors, and their "most valued guests".

This poor sap, having to read my venting,  obviously had no clue about what is going on on this website,  (despite me asking him to look).

If the associates, reps, whatever types of animals they have at the MRI zoo,  would just hold a stand-down meeting and go over their own website, and really see what is going on,  their eyes would explode, and they would not ask such a thing as "why aren't you staying with us any longer" !

Of course,  this is just my opinion.........................

jackfitz Platinum

I have not been surveyed, but I have maintained my Plat status the last couple of years, and have 53 nights under my belt so far this year.

I have never heard of the Platinum Premier club, but I think the program is as good if not better than H Honors etc.

The one think that drives me nuts is that is the "Newly" designed Courtyards. I like them, but the Lounge/Restaurants are underachieving with food-priced way out of wack, and if you go at night to have a sandwich & a glass of wine or two they are charging $8 for a entry level glass of Pinot that wouldn't cost that much in a liquor store. They should at least put on a mask & gun when asking for those prices.

A suggestion would maybe have a sliding discount scale for Elite members

• Silver 10% off cafe & bar purchases
    • Gold   20%        "                 "
    • Platinum 30%    "                "

That would keep me, and my per diem money in house instead of seeking out another place to eat.

But I do travel often & enjoy the Marriott properties most of all

Thanks!

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I have never been surveyed.  I guess I keep my numbers up.  I usually have so many rollover nights and I don't even complain if they don't roll them over.  On top of that I have Lifetime Platinum.  Maybe we have to drop our numbers before they listen.  If they would read the vote on breakfast on weekends they should be able to see disatisfaction.  This is a sore spot for me and I have canceled reservations when there is no breakfast coupon for a Sat.  In most cases the stay is more tham 1 night so Marriott looses revenue over the cost os a breakfast.  I can't see how this is good business.

I also am unhappy with the website changes.  I have complained to several people and nothing gets changed.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...