6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 18, 2015 5:00 PM by boomer RSS

BWI Airport SpringHill Suites - Perfectly Satisfactory, and More

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Just one night at the Baltimore airport SpringHill Suites, but the property more than met my needs.  I'd describe this as one of the old-style SpringHills (rather than the newer, ergonomic, Euro style), but well maintained.

• Comfortable bed, sufficiently quiet, a good night's sleep
  • Cheerfully greeted as a Platinum by the nice, informative desk attendant
  • Plentiful fresh fruit in a basket adjacent to the check-in desk
  • Separate work/living room, with excellent work surface, large flat screen TV, kitchenette with fridge & microwave & coffee machine (not the single-shot type)
  • Bountiful breakfast - waffle machines, baked goods, cereals and yogurts, eggs & meats, juices, coffee, etc.
  • Fast, free wireless
  • Plentiful free newspapers (alas, only USA Today)
  • Free parking; and
  • Indoor pool.

Just a reminder that many of these "lesser" properties in the Marriott system are not only comfortable, but offer excellent value for money.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Baltimore, Maryland, USA SpringHill Suites By Marriott
  • Re: BWI Airport SpringHill Suites - Perfectly Satisfactory, and More
    razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

ss, I'm glad the property more than met your needs.  We have started staying in Springhill Suites more often especially when the price is right.  We enjoy the extra space.  We can always find something we like at breakfast.  I can only remember paying for parking at the one near the Convention Center.  I am glad that my summer bonus gives me 5000 points for 2 stays at Springhill Suites.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Ssin,

I've stayed there many times in the past. My experience has been the same. In general, I like the SHSs. My only beef is the swivel TV between the sitting area and the bedroom area. 

erc Platinum

It also has a very attractively priced (most of the time) Park n Fly offer, which is terrific for the DC area flyer taking advantage of Southwest competitive fares out of BWI (when IAD is too steep).

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

erc,

Thank you for the informative report.

Also, I thought I read somewhere where golds and plats receive a 10% discount at SHS's?  Or perhaps that was just an elite offer with an expiration date...

LuckyCharm$ Gold

I've stayed at this SHS back in June of this year and it's was very comfortable and was right across the way from Arundel Mills so it served it's purpose.

boomer Platinum

I have stayed at this property frequently as the rates are usually decent.  It is older and I do not like the newer style SHS.  They feel like a hospital room!

I have had a few negative employees here which has soured me. 

Also, by the way, this is right near Nursery Road, not at Arundel Mills.  I have made the same mistake as they are probably within a mile of each other and Arundel Mills is basically at the airport as well. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...