4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 22, 2013 8:37 AM by kroywen RSS

Washington DC Mayflower Hotel

traveler2 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

We are traveling to DC over July 4th. We have stayed at the JW and Marriott Metro in the past. The Mayflower is the same amount of points for the stay as the Metro and it would be a new place for us. What are your thoughts on the Mayflower? Do you get upgraded?  I really can't get a feel for the rooms from the web site. Its historical I know...but how much? Too old? Thanks for your thoughts!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Washington DC Mayflower Hotel
    golfrocks Platinum

We stayed at The Mayflower last year with our grandson in one of the suites. It was perfect! The history of the hotel is fabulous and it's a great locations. The club floor had good food and a nice variety that a 12 year old enjoyed also. My only hint is use the concierge staff on the main floor were the most helpful helping us with arrangement. The concierge staff on the club floor didn't seem to really care.  When visiting DC again The Mayflower will be our choice, we have stayed at the JW also.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jimaruba Gold 1 Reviews

I stayed at the Mayflower last month. Club Lounge was very nice. Historic hotel within walking distance off all the sights. Would go back when in D.C. again

txnroses Platinum

I love the Mayflower and usually get an upgrade.

kroywen Gold 11 Reviews

We've stayed at the Mayflower and really enjoyed it.    As stated, the CL is terrific.   The atmosphere is old-world and very historic.   It is a much more formal & elegant hotel (marble, chandeliers, service).   We were upgraded to a lovely room.   Their dining room is charming too,

If you use their valet parking, remember to call down at least 30 minutes before you need your car.  We walked to the White House, Smithsonian, and Capital.    Used taxis otherwise, although metro is nearby & convenient.    It's best not to use your car when sightseeing -- parking isn't bad, but traffic is even worse than New York!

I definitely recommend the Mayflower for a delightful stay.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...