1 Reply Latest reply: May 23, 2012 8:41 AM by kingkamea RSS

Points or Miles?

thecamel Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I have a couple of questions about earning points or air miles with my stays..

1. I am Platinum, do i get the 50% bonus for every stay if I choose to earn miles?

2. Do I still get a an option of points as a welcome gift?

3. Has anyone worked out if it is better to earn miles per stay or earning points and converting them to miles once you have earned enough?

Thanks for any help.

Camel

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Points or Miles?
    kingkamea Platinum 1 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

I'm sorry but I can't answer the first parts of your question, but here's an attempt at # 3.

I chose to earn points rather than miles, mainly because of the travel package options that Marriott offers. I can get a 7 night stay at a Catagory 1-5 property, and 120,000 airline miles for 270,000 points. I think that this is one of the best deals in the industry for "purchasing" airline miles.

If you chose to convert points to airline miles the conventional way, it costs 125,000 points for 50,000 miles. By using the travel package option, I feel that I enhance the purchasing power of the points-to-miles conversion process.

I hope I've helped.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...