5 Replies Latest reply: May 21, 2012 4:22 PM by pluto77 RSS

Annular Eclipse

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We had a brief glimpse of the annular eclipse here in south Louisiana.  My husband took this shot just before the sun went behind a bank of clouds.  He has already marked his calendar for August 2017 when a total eclipse will be visible.  We will be looking for a Marriott somewhere in Kentucky.

Annular Eclipse_635.JPG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Annular Eclipse
    pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Hi Razorbackfan,

What a great shot!  Just curious about Kentucky.  I saw on the science channel that it woud cross the U.S. for about an hour and a half, the arc starting somewhere in Oregon and visible over Missouri(?) and then South Carolina.  So I'm thinking Kentucky must also fall under that trajectory.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Neat shot! I didn't know it was visible that far east. All the newscasters were saying it was a west coast event. Thanks for sharing!

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Neat shot razorbackfan,

We didn't get much opportunity to see it in Washington, due to the rain and cloud cover .

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...