10 Replies Latest reply: Jul 30, 2012 2:55 PM by pluto77 RSS

Marriott Rewards Credit Card Offer - Points Special for Maui’s Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa?

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I got an email special a few days ago, exclusive to Marriott Rewards Credit Cards holders (I have to even start discussions about credit card program inequalities again), advertising a special where you spend 140,000 points for 4 days at Maui's Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, and get 3 free days added on, and was wondering if others had gotten the same offer, and what they think of it?  It seems like a really good deal and can be used all the way to the end of the year.  Just wondering why they were advertising such a good deal.  Is is the economy, or just the resort going down in popularity? ailea Can anyone say how this resort has been in a pretty recent stay, and what they think of this deal?

Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Wailea - Maui, Hawaii, USA
  • Re: Marriott Rewards Credit Card Offer - Points Special for Maui’s Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa?
    tmallon Platinum 1 Reviews

We were just there in March for 5 nights (120,000 pts) and I know it has gone up a category since we booked so I would say it is a really nice offer.  I would have liked to spend 7 nights!  I wrote a review on this site, as have others, so you may want to read some of those but the resort is now our favorite in Maui,  we love the location on the island.  It is quieter and more upscale, but a few minutes drive to Kihea where you can find more reasonable shopping, whale watching tours etc. and some very good restaurants.  The restaurant at the resort was very good for dinner and  while it could be expensive, they had very reasonable specials each night.  The breakfast buffett was expensive and very average...would recommend going to the mall next door or into Kihea for breakfast.   We did not feel that platinum status was really recognized but would still return to the resort because of its location.  Not as much night life as other parts of Maui.  Any other questions I will be happy to try to answer.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Rewards Credit Card Offer - Points Special for Maui’s Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa?
    tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

tryt:

I got the same ofer. It does seem like a good deal. It seems as though the offer is open to any account holder in good standing (whatever that means). Haven't tried to book it yet. I'm sure dates are limited during the time period. Now if I can convince my wife to go...........(she doesn't like to fly that far). But, I'm making progress!!.

I actually called on it, and the only time sold out, at least as of right now, is the week of Christmas.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

tryt:

Good to know. Thanks for the update!

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Tryt,

I can't find my email (I tend to delete most Marriott emails if I think I can find the promotion on the website; not so in this case).  Would you mind forwarding yours if you still have it?

Please and thanks.

Still trying to figure that bogo first class airfare on Alaska by - ahem, Wednesday (before the benefit expires).  I'm not doing very well.  May have to scrap it - at least the first class airfare, if we can't decide where to go.  Alaska only flies to Puerto Vallarta and Hawaii, and I've also been looking at Cancun and Costa Rica.  All destinations are expensive (PV being the most reasonable, but it's just not grabbing me like other locations.  The water looks prettier in Cancun - Caribbean and all, and there are the ancient sites to visit...)  (The other problem is that the grandlittles being in Germany suck up a lot of my travel resources.  Not complaining, to be sure, just stating the facts.)  Just might not be the right time for us, but thanks for the email, if you have it.

Hi Pluto,

I forwarded the email that I think you wanted, to your direct email address.  Let me know if you didn't get it, or if that wasn't what you were looking for.

I too am trying to get my Companion Ticket for First Class to PVR tomorrow (Tuesday, which I understood was the last day), and have made a lot of calls to try and make that work for this year.  My Alaska Airlines credit card Anniversary Date is July 19, so if I wait for it to show up the normal way, it will show up in mid-August.  Keeping my fingers crossed to see if I can pull it off tomorrow.  They have put comments in my account and a confirmation code that is supposed to be in effect tomorrow, so we'll see if that actually works or not!

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Tryt, To maybe answer your original question, when I check out the rates on the Marriott reservation site, it looks like Aug. - early Dec. is "low" season for this property, at least judging from the rates that are published through next July.  Maybe they are just trying to fill occupancy during the low season.  I didn't find anything on the hotel site about renovations going on or anything like that.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...