12 Replies Latest reply: May 17, 2012 4:52 PM by countryjim RSS

Points per $ spent?

mbogle3 Gold 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Where can I find a list of how many Rewards points are awarded per $ spent at each Marriott hotel brand?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Points per $ spent?
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

A couple of items to be aware of;

In general, all hotels, but the long term stay hotels, give 10 points per dollar. The long termers are 5 points per dollar. This is on room rate, excluding taxes. Most will give you points, at the same rate, for purchases made on property, i.e. meals at their restaurants, but Courtyard is at least one exception here. Parking at many properties is a separate entity from the hotel. They may collect the money for parking, but not give points because it's a separate vendor.

The link below will spell it out by hotel brand:

Earn Points for Rewards | Get Marriott Points

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

Pained, this is great information.  Thanks for posting.  I notice on the link however that they don't spell out all of the restrictions (i.e. not earning points for incidentals and meals at Courtyards, or the parking restriction that you mentioned.)  I wonder if those restrictions are determined by individual hotels as opposed to the entire brand?

Good question Pluto. I think the CY stuff is spelled out somewhere in Marriott heaven, but not sure where. The parking stuff seems to go unnoticed. I really really dislike paying to park at a hotel. Sometimes this charge is almost as much as the room. They should tuck my car in with fresh Marriott bedding if they're going to charge like that!!

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

I'm sure that at FFI and SHS you also don't earn points for anything other than the room rate.

Husker,

I just spent 4 nights at a SHS in Chicago area. I received 25 points for a couple of small purchases from the market. 

Agreed.  The LAX Marriott charges $27/day for customer valet parking.  They also have covered parking available at the property for long term covered parking for travelers at a rate of about $11/day, but it's too bad that's by an outside vendor also.   I could spend $149 (on special right now) for 1 night and 7 days parking - their park and fly program, but I will be gone 19 days, so that's a bust. 

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

I had stayed at the Marriott in CT and complained about the parking charges for the week, and the Manager wiped it off of the bill!  It pays to speak up!

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

Pluto, maybe you can negotiate a rate for the other 12 nights.

Good idea.  I tried, but the girl (at the hotel) that I spoke with wasn't very knowledgeable, let alone willing to negotiate.  Maybe I'll try in person when I get there.

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Pluto,

interesting that their Park and Fly is for only 7 days.  The Courtyard we use in Southcenter for flying out of Seattle allows 14 days for their park and fly.  When I called them to talk to them about it for our coming fall trip that is 16 days, said they'd only charge a few dollars a night for the extra 2 nights.  Worth calling the place you were considering and talking to them.  I expressed to our Courtyard how I'd really like to stay there, but the extra advertised charge of $20 for nights over the 14, made it too expensive, and that's when they siad they'd only charge 3 or 4 dollars per night for those extra 2 nights.  

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

thanks painedplatinum

countryjim Platinum 1 Reviews

Categorically, most hotels of all brands do not run their parking facilities --- most are contracted out to an outside vendor.  This includes most Marriott-branded hotels that do not have open-accress parking lots.  That said, parking rates at Marriott hotels which have a fee for parking are fully disclosed on the Marriott website by going to the page for the particular hotel and clicking on "Maps and transportation".

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...