10 Replies Latest reply: Sep 24, 2013 2:56 AM by johnaalex RSS

Warning for those in the UK with a Marriott MasterCard

johnaalex Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

It would seem that there is a system glitch with the Creation Marriott credit card in that you do not get the correct points for spend in foreign Marriott Hotels. According to the T&Cs you get 2 points per GBP on foreign spend, 4 points if the spend is with a Marriott property abroad. I, and others have noted that they are only giving 2 :-(.

Creation are looking into it.

Regards

John

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Warning for those in the UK with a Marriott MasterCard
    qwest09 Platinum

John

I just checked a recent transaction on my card from the Marriott in St Kitts. I received 4X points for the transaction. I will now check a few historical transactions and see what was awarded. Had not noticed a reduction in the points awarded.

Checked last months statement and it was spot on - 4xpoints for overseas Marriott transactions, 2X for UK Marriotts and 2X for non Marriott overseas transactions.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Nice heads up Johnny...I know this CC in the UK was a hot topic for many months. Let's hope it was a small glitch and is rectified soon. May be a little extra in your pint glass for the troubles?

I am glad it works for qwest09 . Maybe it is just certain countries affected.

However - Just spoken with Creation again. At first the girl who answered my call said she could see from my record that I had reported this problem and that it should be fixed "shortly". I pointed out that it sounds like nobody knew when it would be fixed and she agreed . However I was then put through to a supervisor (Sam) who was aware of the system problem and that although he did not know when ot would be fixed, he would organise an urgent adjustment to my account and would e-mail me when it was done. He also said he would tell the front line team about the system issue. I reserve judgement, but he at least did sound like he knew what was going on and would at least get my points correctly allocated.

qwest09 Platinum

I checked all the points awarded right back to the beginning of the year when I started using the new card. Some points calculations are spot on but a few are not quite right but certainly very close - just a few points out from what I calculate they should be - certainly not worth worrying about.

So perhaps it is affecting certain accounts. As for the cuntries where the card has been iuse - Singapore, Thailand and St. Kitts and Nevis as well as the UK.

Yesterday I spoke with a "supervisor" at Creation who acknowledged there was a system issue, but did not go into any real detail. Anyway, he did promise to sort out my missing points and I am pleased to say that when I checked my MR account just now the points have been credited .

Lets hope this doesn't drag on....

thecamel Platinum

I only got 2x points for a week long stay at the Shelbourne in Ireland.

I emailed them and the extra points were posted to my account within a week.

aflondon Gold

I am missing the extra points for a stay in Paris in January and Gibraltar in May, but I have been told that my query has been passed to the appropriate people and that I will hear from them shortly. I can only infer that they haven't found where the problem is in the system.

At least this month I did get the correct number of points for my stay at the Amsterdam Marriott so either that was a lucky conincidence or they have fixed the problem.

OK - this is now getting very annoying. I have had to complain on three separate occasions that I have not been credited with the correct 4 points per Pound for stays at the JW Bangkok and Pattaya Marriott. The first time was April last year, then in December and now in my February statement

I do not care where the fault is, but I do think Marriott should sort it out and quickly!

OK - this problem still exists over a year since I first noticed it

Yet again I was not awarded the correct points for bookings at the JW Bangkok and Pattaya Marriott

Why can't Creation and Marriott sort this?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...