6 Replies Latest reply: May 14, 2012 5:40 PM by tryt53 RSS

Phoenix Marriott Mesa

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We spent 1 night at the Phoenix Marriott Mesa, a category 4 hotel, located 12 miles from Sky Harbor Airport.  We chose this hotel because the rate was much less than the hotels located closer to the airport.  We had stayed at this airport several years ago for the same reason and were pleased with our stay.  The hotel rooms were renovated recently and the rooms are beautiful.  Our room was large and the bathroom was a fairly typical Marriott size.  We enjoyed snacks, dessert, and breakfast in the concierge lounge. We were told the lounge was due for renovation soon. The hotel was quiet and we slept well.  When we got ready to check out the next morning, the desk clerk did not know how to use the gift card and suggested we leave the card and she would make sure it was mailed to us once the transaction was completed.  The balance would have been less than $5.00 or I would not have even considered this suggestion.  I was not impressed by the clerk's attitude about not knowing how to use the card; however, I would not consider it rude--just didn't seem to really care.

To make a long story short...I did receive the gift card in the mail 3 days later (thanks USPS); however, my credit card was also charged!  It has taken almost a month and too many phone calls, voice mails, etc. to get this situation resolved.  Eventually, the charge was removed and the hotel credited my Rewards account with a significant number of points for my inconvenience.

I hope the clerk was given the proper training so another guest will not have to go through this inconvenience.  Would we stay there again?  Maybe, if the price was right.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Mesa, Arizona, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Phoenix Marriott Mesa
  • Re: Phoenix Marriott Mesa
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

razor,

That report does not "Make my day"!

Having already experienced on episode of the front desk not knowing how to use a gift card, and expecting another one next week, this is uncomfortable news.

Why would these gift cards be sold if people do not know how to redeem them?  When you go to most any place to dine or shop, it is "No problem" using them.

What is going on?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

jerry,

This was my first time to experience this problem and I have been using gift cards often.  Sometimes it may take a little longer, but that's okay.  It seems like they could be processed just like a credit card.  I guess I could have just left it on my credit card, but that is not what I wanted to do.  I still have quite a few gift cards that we plan to use this summer and I really hope this situation does not happen again.

goestoeleven Gold

I travel to PHX a fair amount.

I've stayed at the Marr Mesa and it's nice.

My preference is the Marriott - Buttes - Tempe, though it's a Cat 5.

The Rez Inn Chandler is a nice Cat 4.

my .$.02.

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

I had learned my lesson years ago not to leave the front desk with loose ends. It's no longer acceptable for me to leave after the front desk person saying that they will "take care of it" and mail the receipt. Just like razorback, it took me a few weeks to get the situation straightened out.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Mike,

So well put!

Once you leave, you don't have a lot of ways to really recover.  The time and trouble is saddening.

Good advice!

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Good advice, Mike.  I too have had to clean things up, for a long time, when it would have been easier to just take care of it right then!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...