2 Replies Latest reply: May 17, 2012 2:21 PM by pluto77 RSS

Rewards points

mcmmas Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Is there a way to get points on my Marriott Rewards when usig a freinds credit card?

My friend and I have taken two international trips in the last three years and have used her credit card; however I pay her back on the monthly statement. We're getting ready to take another international trip end of this month, May.

Is there a way I can add her card to my rewards or something of the sort?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Rewards points
    NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

As long as the room is booked in your name and has your Marriott Rewards number on it, the credit should come through to your account.  However, I would make sure that your friend is fully aware of it so that there aren't any disagreements over the points down the road.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Rewards points
      pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

The 12 points per dollar spent (10 points plus a 20% silver elite bonus) would definitely go to mcmmas's Marriott Rewards account, so long as the room is booked in mcmmas's name with mcmmas's Marriott Rewards number attached to the reservation (always make your reservations through Marriott and not a third party vendor such as Travelocity or Expedia to ensure this, and make sure your Marriott Rewards number is annotated on the reservation).

Having said that, there is an additional 5 points/$ (or 3 points/$ depending on which Chase Marriott credit card is used)  which can also be earned by using the Chase Marriott credit card, but the credit card MUST belong to mcmmas and have mcmmas' reward number linked to it.  If the friend's credit card is used, no extra credit card rewards points will be earned to mcmmas's Marriott Rewards account.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...