11 Replies Latest reply: Jan 10, 2014 9:07 PM by marriottmemberfromla RSS

Missing Stays

slabruno Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Is anyone having trouble getting their points updated? I have filled out missing stay forms more the once and still haven't been able to get credit for a stay which occured 3 weeks ago

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Missing Stays
    kingkamea Platinum 1 Reviews

I would call the Marriott Rewards desk. I called the Platinum line, and they took care of it while I was on the phone.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nhtraveler Platinum 3 Reviews

I agree with the King on this one. The one time this happened to me I called the Platinum line and they resolved it for me over the phone as well.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Greetings - please allow up to 10 business days from the time of submission for your missing stay to be added.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Marriott Rewards office https://www.marriott.com/suggest/default.mi

lonnymacd Silver

Why is it that to submit our missing stays in writing, but all other correspondence is done on line?  I have almost a month of a missing stay from July - August, but a 6 day stay (same hotel) showed up the next week.  Why can't we submit our missing stays electronically?

taxman415 Platinum

If you have the electronic version of the bill that the hotel emails you after the stay, it can be forwarded to stay.add@marriott.com. A scanned version of a paper folio can be emailed to marriottrewards@marriott.com.

leslie Platinum 2 Reviews

I regularly do not get stays credited from hotels in England and Belgium where I stay.it rarely occurs in the states but there are some hotels

that rarely credit the points and I have to email marriott rewards which is a bit of a nuisance .I am sure only 40% of the time are my stays

credited and if I include crediting anywhere near the tax free dollar spend when I pay in sterling only 10% get it right and it is always to marriotts advantage.

I have given up complaining but its a real issue ,on the other hand the radisson carlson chain in which I have a gold card never seems

to miss a stay.The systems must be very different.This problem is rare in Germany

Book_Worm Platinum 8 Reviews

I stayed at the Glasgow Marriott for 5 nights, and I emailed the hotel yesterday because nothing has been posted. I received a response this morning informing me that because the room was with a group, I would not receive any credit.

The hotel had my PP number on file before my arrival, I had access to the lounge and my key had the Marriott Elite signage, etc. Even if they would not credit my account for spending points because the US Olympic Committee paid for my room (this has never been an issue before), I do not understand why I would not at least receive nights stayed credit or even my PP arrival bonus (I chose points).

Does anyone have any advice? Thank you for your guidance.

jkernitzki Platinum 2 Reviews

I'm now missing the second stay posting in only a couple months' time, after 13 years of flawless postings to my account.  I don't know if it's an issue on the MR side, or if the hotels have something to do with it on their end, but it's a mite disturbing that I now feel like I have to watch my account like a hawk when it's been absolutely spot-on in the past.

chrisf Alumni Steward Platinum 20 Reviews

I used to have this a lot but no so recently.  I found that it was down to the hotel in my case.  I had a few words with the GM the next time that I stayed and it was fixed ... I was there fairly frequently. 

garyathens Silver

That's been my experience as well; it's always been a very dependable, timely system.

marriottmemberfromla Platinum 51 Reviews

I stayed at the SF Marriott Marquis and points did not post to my account.  It was an advance purchase from Marriott.com. I had to call customer service and they informed me that the hotel put my bill in the wrong place and they had to contact the hotel's accounting department. They said this happens every now and again.

I just stayed at The Cosmopolitan and points have not posted to my account.  It was also an advance purchase.  Some hotels are just late in posting points though so I'm going to wait the 10 days (been 5 days so far; usually get my points in 2-3 days).

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...