6 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2012 1:14 PM by nuhusker RSS

Wow, what special treatment to PP!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Having only nominated two people, although there have been many great people who have helped me, this is one who recently really stood out.  Calin T., recognized my status and really thanked me for my almost 30 years of loyalty to Marriott.  I was "Startled", having never met him before, he is the Operations Manager at The Cy, Kansas City South, and he checked me in.  We had the finest discussion of how he has worked for Marriott in LA and worked his way up after living in France and many other places.  He had a keen knowledge about the Marriott properties from Europe to the USA.

Calin, obviously enjoys his work and his company. This made my long day enjoyable, and I plan to go back to Kansas City and stay at this CY again.  Hope Calin is still there, but if he moves up in the organization I will be happy for this deserving employee.

Thanks him for his appreciation for loyal Marriott customers!

IMG_2292.JPG

That's Calin in front with his asst. Mike!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Kansas City, Missouri, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Kansas City South
  • Re: Wow, what special treatment to PP!
    razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

Did you get a chance to try any K.C. BBQ?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

texasvoyager Platinum 30 Reviews

Jerry, it is the folks at Marriott like Calin and Mike here who make all the difference.  I stayed at this CY a few years back for a number of weeks on business and recall their staff there being just as warm and caring.  The other great CY not far from this property is the Overland Park Convention Center.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Hey Jerrycoin, just got home couple hours ago from KC and although no BBQ this trip, we have a new favoirte place...Oklahoma Joe's in Olathe.  Superb BBQ.  I've been to the old standards and now they're second best.  try it next time you're there.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

nu,

Thanks for the suggestion!  Will hit Oklahoma Joe's on the next trip!

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

jerrycoin, there are two locations in KC.  One on 47th AVe, and the one we always go to in Olathe.  Both are closed on Sunday.  Theye have a store connected to the restaurant that sells grills and BBq sauce from nearly everywhere.  I'll probably be there this weekend.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Greetings jerrycoin, On behalf of behalf of Marriott associates around the world, we take pride in providing exceptional service for each and every guest and we appreciate you taking the time to nominate a Marriott associate for this important award. We’ll enter this nomination for consideration of the Spirit to Serve award.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...