14 Replies Latest reply: Feb 20, 2013 3:56 PM by GemPrincess RSS

Lifetime Platinum Member and free Birthday nights...huh?

rab124 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I have been a Marriott Platinum Lifetime member for more years than I can count,  I just saw a Blog statement that Platinum members are given a "free night"every year for their birthday.  Since I am 1 year short of Bill Marriott's age, I sure have lost out on a lot of "free nights"!  How come and when did this start?  I still stay at Marriott properties frequently but it sure takes a long time to "earn" all the promised rewards!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Lifetime Platinum Member and free Birthday nights...huh?
    GABill Platinum

When you find out, please inform me also. I have not heard of "Free Birthday Nights" either, and I have been a lifetime platinum for at least 10 years.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

erc Platinum

Don't go booking that beach front room just yet. As I understand it, it is an accounting entry that provides you with a night's credit toward your elite status (so as a lifetime platinum, it's the thought that counts). This falls into the category of 'better than a stick in the eye'. It's good having you on board as a participant, welcome.

Marriott Associate Member

Greetings!  The birthday gift activity began last October, so you have to wait for your bday to roll around (act surprised!) 

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

Apparently free Birthday nights is an annual program which you need to register for every year!

Not certain if everyone is aware of this as I just found out when I called up to check on the rewards points for my last stay.

So my 2012 birthday night was credited, but the code for 2013 is not yet available.

Once the 2013 code is available, we all need to register again this year to get the 2013 birthday night.

Hi folks - Happy Valentine's Day!

Kindly allow me to bring a little clarity to this conversation:

1)  Nobody has to 'register' for their birthday elite night credit.  We use the same back-end system we use to launch promotions - so technically, we register you in the system so it triggers the birthday greeting and deposits the credit into your account.  It's just the way we deliver the gift, nothing more.  You do not need to register for anything.  Sorry - the agent must have been confused and we'll be following up on that immediately.

2)  The birthday gift is one elite night credit, not a 'free birthday night'.  If you are a Lifetime Plat, you no longer need elite night credits.

Thanks!  Michelle

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

As always thank you for your insights Michelle.....I'd just like the free night at that beach front hotel!

I'd like that free beach front hotel night too!  We have one mylar balloon that gets refilled every now and then and passed around to the next birthday person.  Now that helium is history, I guess we'll just get the mylar.  Ha!

stugrow Gold 3 Reviews

Thank you for the carification - much appreciated

Hopefully 2013 'triggers' correctly, as 2012 did not, so I do appreciate the agent 'fixing' this.

Even if we are Platinum Lifetime, the extra night does count toward Platinum Premiere status!

artisttraveler Gold 17 Reviews

how do we know our birth date is known to Marriott Rewards? If it's not known, how do we set it up?

I thought i remembered that there's a field in the profile but I can't find it and have never gotten a credit.

I had called platinum support on another matter (missing platinum gift points at the last stay), and also checked up on other things like my lifetime total dollars spent ($2.6M) and my birthday night for 2012 which was never credited.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Greetings artisttraveler - that's right. If your birthday has been entered to your account, it will be visible from the "Member Profile" section of My Account (within the right column under "Personal Information").

visible-birthday field.jpg

If your birthday is not visible, click the "Edit personal information" link, enter your birthday, and click save.

birthday_profile.jpg

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...