6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 15, 2008 1:15 PM by ryguy1 RSS

Traveling to Anaheim, Ca and San Deiago

findomenico Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I will traveling to Anaheim and San Deiago in August with my Family. If any one knows of a nice clean Marriott full service let me know.

• Re: Traveling to Anaheim, Ca and San Deiago
    charlesho Gold
    We're visiting S. Cal. and going to Disneyland. We'd booked Anaheim Marriott because of current/recent renovation. Both Anaheim Marriott and Marriott Suites in Garden Grove hav some good feedbacks on Expedia.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

whereami Platinum

The Marriott in the gas lamp district of San Diego is great and usually less than the Marriott next to the convention center.  No worries on food you are right next to a great strip of restaurants. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iestrikesback Platinum 44 Reviews

For Anaheim, I would recommend the Anaheim Marriott Suites - big suites w/sofabeds, free parking, walking distance to several good restaurants.

For San Diego, I would recommend either the Marriott Del Mar (nice Full-Service Marriott with good breakfast buffet), or the Coronado Island Marriott Resort (nice views of the city, plus close to all Coronado Island Attractions/Restaurants). 

dueltruck Gold

I know you are looking for full service, but the Fairfield (located directly across from the park entrance) is awesome - - clean, has a nice little cafe, and is a great overall location.  My husband and I like staying there esp. when we are doing short, weekend trips because the location can't be beat.

Enjoy your trip! 

irish4 Gold

We were fortunate enough to spend 4 nights of our stay in Anaheim during the 2 weeks surrounding New Year's day 2007.  We stayed at the Anaheim Marriott and had a wonderful time.  For the travel package Marriott Rewards points we were able to fly First Class from Boston to Orange County and stay in this hotel during peak season.

If you are going in cooler months you may want to be aware that the pool is in a covered area but is essentially outside.  We had a wonderful time but some guests wanted an indoor pool for their stay at the end of December.

With young kids we went into Disneyland for most of the day.  Eating in the park but did order room service and eat pool side and the food was very good and as far as hotel dining was concerned an average experience for value.  As always they did a great job catering to the kids. 

We purchased a bus pass and park tickets at the conceirge desk,  If you are interested I still have my comparitive breakdown on cost (2007 prices) for purchasing tickets individually for Disneyland, San Diego Zoos, Seaworld, Universal Studios, etc.  versus a City Pass. 

The bus pass worked out great and we used it at all the different times of day and night.  Although I have to admit the first day there was a large que in the early morning (it was the busiest days of the entire year) so instead of waiting for the bus we grabbed a cab and got in very quickly.  Also sorts of tricks for the parks in The Unofficial Guide to Disneyland.

The second part of the trip we stayed at Marriott Vacation Club Villas at Newport Beach.  It was our second opportunity to stay there and it is just amazing.  The villas in my opinion are the only way to travel with a family.  Lots of room to stretch out, full kitchen and dining area, washer/dryer and organized activities for everyone.  You won't be disappointed with the elegent setting and many activities all just a short drive away.  If you are only planning on spending a day at Disneyland I would even suggest staying at Newport Villas and driving - if I remember correctly it was an easy 45 minute drive.

Enjoy!!!

Anaheim Marriott                                                        

700 West Convention Way                                                                  

Anaheim, California 92802 USA

Phone:   1-714-750-8000

Fax:   1-714-750-9100

Taxi to hotel approx. $35.00

Marriott’s NewportCoastVillas
    23000 Newport Coast Drive
    Newport Coast, California 92657
    Phone: (949) 464-6000
    Fax: (949) 464-6010

ryguy1 Silver
    If you're in MVC and can get an exchange, Newport Coast Villas is an awesome place to stay for a So Cal / Dland vacation.  It is a bit of a drive (20 mins) to get to Dland, but proximity to beach and quality of the property make it all worthwhile!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...