13 Replies Latest reply: Aug 25, 2014 10:04 AM by cedricth RSS

Marriott Visa Rewards Card.

stapleyneil Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I have a Marriott Reward Visa and love it. My wife is also looking to open an account also, I am wondering if she was to attach my reward number to her visa card will this still be classed as a new account and but the promotional points, free night etc be put in my reward account. This is so we can pool my current points with her bonus and eliete status credit. Additionally she is an additional card holder on my visa but doesn't hold joint responsibility.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Atlanta, Georgia,
  • Re: Marriott Visa Rewards Card.
    goestoeleven Gold

That's a good question.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

I don't think you can have one Rewards Number attached to two diffrent visa cards.  But let's let the Community Manager answer it.  Also, the last offer, I saw for the credit card you can obtain 50,000 pts after your first purchase.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Marriott will not allow two different people to have the same Marriott Rewards number. Marriott Rewards is an individualized program, not a family program when it comes to issuing MR numbers/accounts.

My wife has her own MR number for stays she makes when I am not there to get elite night credit (for her account) and points, but her card is an additional MR Visa on my account.

However, you can use the program to have your wife get her own card, get the points you want and then transfer them to your account. The program does allow for Rewards points to be transferred to a spouse. Here is the link:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/usepoints/tranpurc.mi

Hope this helps.

gm1 Gold 1 Reviews

Tef6178,

I was not aware of this procedure.  Thank you for your insight.

But you can have multiple MR Visa cards in one family, which ties back into the one MR number.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

But all the cards that tie to the MR account are cards that are additional cards on the same account. There cannot be two separate individuals with the same Marriott rewards number. I do have multiple MR Visa cards and those holding that card (they are additional cards on my account) can charge on the card and the points go to my MR account. But, the people holding those cards cannot book a room and use my MR number to get me credit for a stay.

I agree with what you just wrote.

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

I've transferred points from my husband's account to my account several times; however, it has always been when I needed the additional points for a reward redemption.  I don't think you can transfer them just to pad your account.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Also... I was sent promotional info not too far back that was in reference to "finder's fees" or referral fees for getting other folks to sign up for these credit cards. It was a nice bonus, 25,000 points, I think, that get dumped into your account. I'll sniff around to see if I can find that mailing.  Anyone else remember this promo?

erc Platinum

Well, if you're going to get The Premier ( $85 annual fee after 1st year), now's a good time - 70k points instead of the usual 50k

Marriott Rewards® Credit Card from Chase

cedricth  How did you make out without an American Social Security number?

How to get the Marriott Credit Card @ CHASE when you are not American?

good luck to all

cedricth Platinum

Even paying you cannot get it if you are not American or without a American a Social Security number !

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...