5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 9, 2008 9:00 PM by burmma RSS

Aruba - Adventures

wowmow Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

My husband and I are going to Aruba in the Fall.  We love to snorkel, hike, relax in the sun, and try different adventures.  What would you suggest?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Aruba - Adventures
    chumsicle Silver
    Aruba is famous and a global destination for windsurfing and now the more adventerous kite surfing.  Though it takes a while to become effecient, learning to windsurf will provide years of on the water fun.  Check out the Vela windsurfing center on the Marriott hotel property.  Great instructors and equiment for a very reasonable rate.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jkrichmar Platinum
    Absolutely rent a jeep and go 4 wheeling on the desert side of the island.

bigtmass Gold

There are some great scuba spots all over Aruba, and many are from the shore.  One of my favorites places was on the NE side of the island above the high-rise hotels (past Marriott).  You will see plenty of Pelicans on a rocky terrain, and not many people Scuba there from the shore, but you'll see the party boats parking near by.  You see several sand ramps cut into the rocks.  Don't worry if nobody is there the water is calmer than it looks and you can go out rather far from the shore and up and down the coast for some distance.  You see rocky bottoms full of fish and sandy bottoms with hidden treats for the sharp-eyed.  My brother and I spent 3.5 hours head down in the water one day.  Hint, dive down grab some bottom seaweed growth and hold it tight to your hand, you can feed the bright yellow fish that will approach if you float still. This is best near where the Pirate party boat always stops. Then there is Bebe beach, which was pretty good, and a few spots on the SW corner of the island.  Also, contrary to what I had heard, Aruba does have some good scuba.  I went solo with a company called Mermaid Diving; it is a smaller operation but good dive masters and fun smaller groups.  You can also get deals buying multiples, and can add on more at bargain prices if you want to continue (I did 8 dives over three days).

iluvacations Silver
    Aruba ia a great place for that and more.  The locals are very firendly and helpful.  The Marriott properties are great hotels with pleanty of water sprots available right on the beach (rentals).  For something different try Kuku Kunu - a wild and crazy bus ride around the Island, with dinner and drinks and fufn, fun, fun. Plenty of great restaurnats - Simply Fish - Outside on the ocean at the hotel, Papiemento - delicious, Flying Fish Bone - on the other side of the Island but worth the trip.  Wonderful place to stay, you will probably go back.  Enjoy your trip.

burmma Silver

Roberto has little locations along the beach its a private boat and they take you to the snorkel spots well after the big tours go thru. A must if you love to snorkel.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...