4 Replies Latest reply: May 21, 2012 3:53 PM by pluto77 RSS

help! I have attempted to access Marriott "customer service" with repeated e-mails and phone calls

MarriottPleaseAnswerPhone! Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I made reservations at Marriott Midtown East in January and subscribed to Marriott Visa card to round out point requirements to pay for the stay (got 50k bonus points plus credit for charges...allegedly). Though my Visa statement says they have credited these points to Marriott, Marriott statement does not reflect.  On the latest of many calls I held for over 1.5 hours with Marriott.   Sent numerous e-mails.  If I don't get something resolved asap then all heck's going to break loose re charges for this room.

Does anyone know how to reach a supervisor or anyone who will help customers?  This is worst I've experienced anywhere in a long time.    Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: help! I have attempted to access Marriott "customer service" with repeated e-mails and phone calls
    NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Thanks for your patience and for contacting us directly two weeks back. Safe travels

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: help! I have attempted to access Marriott "customer service" with repeated e-mails and phone calls
    laurie2922 Member

I have a similar problem.  My son-in-law booked the room and I took over the room.  I paid with my charge card and when I got home, I realized the hotel still did not put my rewards number on the room.  The hotel was still using his rewards number.  I called as soon as I saw this and was told this was Sunday and he couldn't help,  I did ask what exactly did he do?  He said he gave out Rewards certificates and I would have to wait until Monday.  I waited on hold forever today and finally gave the hotel another call.  They said they could take care of this.  I called Marriott Rewards again and the person I spoke with said I would have to talk to customer service.  Customer service was so busy I left a message for them to call me back.  That hasn't happened yet.  I emailed Marriott Rewards and they have not responded either.  What's the deal?

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

Hi Laurie, Welcome to Insiders.  I'm sorry, I am a bit confused.  You said the hotel said they could take care of this?  So did they, or are they going to?  I definitely would contact the hotel directly again, or else contact Marriott Rewards Customer Support at 1 801 468 4000 (8:15am - 9:00pm, Monday - Friday, US Eastern time).  Your persistence will pay off, I believe, and also try to be patient.  I have had issues in the past, and when someone at Customer Support tells me they will follow up, they always have.  It sometimes can take a couple of days.  But hang in there, and do call them back, and keep us posted.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...