Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

9 Replies Latest reply: Jan 23, 2013 2:01 PM by stelzer001 RSS

Birthday Sweepstakes

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

According to the Marriott website, "One grand-prize winner will enjoy a seven-night stay at any participating Renaissance hotel in the world with a $500 hotel credit. We’ll also treat the winner to an airfare credit of up to $3,000, ground transfers, and $1,000 in spending money".

If you are the lucky grand-prize winner of the Birthday Sweepstakes, which Renaissance hotel (assuming it is participating) would you choose to spend your 7-night stay in?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Birthday Sweepstakes
    pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

Rbfan,

What a great question.  Who doesn't like to dream?

For the grand prize, I have it narrowed down to Scrubb Island, Phuket, Dublin, Barga, Tel Aviv or Egypt.  The reason why I would choose one of these places is that without a contest win, chances are I would never get to any of these fine locales, as other places are just higher up on my wish list (London, Barcelona, NY, Boston, Hawaii, etc., etc., etc.) and I feel pretty certain that I'll get to those.  A grand prize win would serve to force one of these fine places to be checked off.

For the fabulous first prize, I would be interested in the Ren at NY Times Square, the Lodge at Sonoma, or the Ren New Orleans Arts Hotel (you've peaked my interest in the Big Easy).

Thanks for asking this fun question.  I hope many other Insiders will respond.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

I haven't answered my own question because I have so many dreams; however, I will try to make up my mind.  As you know, we love the Big Easy and I haven't forgotten your request to write about it.

gm1 Gold 1 Reviews

Since I have always wanted to travel to Japan, I would choose the Renaissance Sapporo Hotel.  It would provide an opportunity to explore Tokyo for a few days as well prior to returning home.  There might be an issue over safety though,  due to the nuclear meltdown caused by the seismic events last year.  On the other hand, gaining the ability to glow in the dark would negate the need for a flashlight.  Even with this concern, I would still choose Japan.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

I would take Paris!

Either the AdT or Place Vendome, both are excellent!

sportsdoc Platinum 60 Reviews

Where did you choose? I'd go where the rates for the hotel are high (they are $70-110 US in Japan and $400 in Paris at the Vendrome which is nice but not worth that really (was just there in Sept). Also Tel Aviv property was run down when I was there a few years ago.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

sportsdoc,

So much of a property depends on your desires and needs, and budget.  All three Renaissance properties that I have stayed at in Paris are dramatically different, but I enjoyed them all.  If one wants to spend a lot of time at The Louvre, Vendome can be great, I just don't think it is a "First timers property to stay in Paris".

One may consider the Renaissance in NYC as another option.

stelzer001 Platinum 2 Reviews

If anyone has a link to this contest, can you post it in this thread? I cannot find it anywhere on the MR website, and a search and sitemap review provides no clues. Thanks in advance and good luck

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

stelzer001

this thread is 6 months old.............

stelzer001 Platinum 2 Reviews

thanks, did see original date of post, I guess reading is fundamental.....

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...