1 Reply Latest reply: May 7, 2012 12:53 PM by razorbackfan RSS

Redeeming Points for Car Rentals Changed?  Now costing more points

rjmoman Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Every year I  redeem some of my points for a car rental for vacation.  It has been 70,000 points for an 8 day rental certificate with Hertz.  I went to redeem for this years vacation and it was different.  Now it charges points per day of rental and it will cost me 114,000 points for the same thing I used 70,000 for perviously.  That is over 50% more points for a car rental.  How is that a benefit.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Redeeming Points for Car Rentals Changed?  Now costing more points
    razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Hi, rjmoman.  I have never tried to redeem points for a rental car so I really can't comment on why the points have gone up; however, it does seem like the cost of rental cars  have gone up in the past few years (like most everything else ).  We only rent a car 3 or 4 times a year and it always amazes me how expensive they are.  It has helped a little to get the Hertz gold reward points rather than Skymiles for our rentals.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...