13 Replies Latest reply: May 13, 2012 8:42 PM by dejamo RSS

Lifetime Platinum Level

jonespj2733 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

A couple of months ago, there were a number of questions regarding when Marriott would change an Elite Platinum member to the Lifetime Platinum level (after meeting all qualifications of course).  The consensus was that as long as the Platinum level was acheived each year, the lifetime status would not be awarded until the year the annual Platinum qualifications were not met.  I have been platinum for the past 2 years, and am currently a Platinum member.  I did receive my lifetime status even though I earned Platinum status this year with over 100 nights so far.  Does this answersthe question going forward?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Lifetime Platinum Level
    globalman Platinum

Hmmm....I have over 1,000 nights lifetime and have been platinum for the last # of years ....still no lifetime platinum recognition....thoughts why?   

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ohhtay Platinum

DId you check to see if you accumulated 2 million points as well as being a member for 12 years? These criteria also have to met.

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

Did you receive the communication after you achieved the Silver and Gold levels as well?

texasvoyager Platinum 30 Reviews

Odd.  Same here with me, Jones.  I have been Platinum Premier for the past three years and Platinum for the five before that.  I just met the last milestone for Lifetime, 2M points, in 2011 and was 'upgraded' to a shiny new Platinum Lifetime card this year.  I had well over 100 nights last year which would have kept me at Platinum as it were.  Go figure.

kingkamea Platinum 1 Reviews

I'm not sure how the consensus was achieved, but I don't believe that the consensus is correct. I received my Lifetime Platinum card shortly after I met the criteria. I had been a Platinum member for numerous years prior to receiving my card, and was Platinum at the time that I received my card. I think the group consensus is eluding to Platinum Premier status.

Whenever a PP (Platinum Premier) member, that is also a LPE (Lifetime Platinum Elite), fails to qualify for PP status again, then the LPE status is reinstated. While a LPE member qualifies for PP status, the LPE status is overridden.

In my humble opinion, being issued LPE card has no bearing on whether or not you qualified for PE status in the year, as mine was issued shortly after the membership criteria was met.

I womder how many LPE there are?

dejamo Platinum

Another good question for the Community Managers to answer, as to "how it is supposed to go" ?

You mean, what is the Criteria for LPE?

dejamo Platinum

No, not really.

The criteria for Lifetime Platinum is pretty straight forward and has been discussed ad nauseum in many posts.

The real "wine with the cerviche"  is why are there so many variables between what is supposed to happen as told by one Marriott customer service rep, and another, and then again why are some LPE's not receiving cards when they are supposed to, and others are receiving them when they are not supposed to.

Really does not matter at this point, as there is no consistency among the properties and no tangible benefit between LPE/PE and PPE......

At this point..............Platinum is plain ol Platinum,  no matter how many ways you serve it up to the masses

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Dejamo

while much of what you say is factually correct, it seems to me that Platinum Premier carries a bit more weight than Platinum or Lifetime Platinum.  This is only antidotal, but it is what I have experienced. 

dejamo Platinum

I tend to agree with you on the very few occasions that it does matter.  They are few and far between.  For those that read the WSJ,  it was a plus in that regard.

The main reason they have lost my business and that of 22 of my fellow compatriots, (rebelrousers, etc... for which I make our reservations for),  is that the only constant thing, is inconsistency.

That coupled along with the general direction that the benefits are going (at least what is known to us as the "most valued customers") is a direction that they are not moving fast enough for me to wait around.

Granted, you should expect outliers in service from time to time, but they are becoming the norm.

I expect a lot, and it is not being delivered.  My time and $$ are rewarded better elsewhere.

I would think if Marriott read your last comment, that they would contact you condisedring the revenue they are losing on just the 23 of you alone.  I know I would!

dejamo Platinum

They have known about that for 4 months.

I did not expect anyone to contact me, and have not been disappointed in that regard.

SS, TJC, and others are now gone,  and yet little has changed,  hence our departures.

Even though I no longer stay at Marriott properties, from time to time, I "piddle" around on the website, just in case....LOL

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...