2 Replies Latest reply: May 5, 2012 12:10 AM by curiousone RSS

Where to stay in San Diego

woodmanli Silver
Currently Being Moderated

My wife and I are visiting San Diego, first time, for a long weekend early June.  Planning to see the city, go to Petco, maybe beach.  I'd like to ask if we should stay at Marriott Coronado and use ferry and taxi's - can you get to the municipal beach on Coronado? Or should we stay in the city (@ Old Town or where?) and travel intracity.  Do we need the car?  We are traveling down from SF and will be @ Laguna Beach or Dana Point prior to getting there.  La Jolla just seems too far outside the city, right?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
San Diego, California, USA
  • Re: Where to stay in San Diego
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

woodmanli,

One of the finest Marriott properties I have ever stayed at was the Marriott Marina.

What a great location and enjoyable place.P1010184.JPG

Great view of downtown.

P1010185.JPG

You can walk to the ballpark!

P1010181.JPG

Hope you have a great time, no matter where you stay!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Where to stay in San Diego
    curiousone Platinum

I would agree, the Marriott Marina is great, and a great location. You are also close to the light rail system. We got a nice upgrade to a suite when we stayed. Marriott Coronado was not that impressive to me, but then it was raining that weekend. I would also highly recommend the Marriott Dana Point. La Jolla is "outside" San Diego but still relativly close. I was not impressed with the Marriott La Jolla.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...