5 Replies Latest reply: May 17, 2012 2:55 PM by tryt53 RSS

Marriotts Rewards Promotions/status upgrade

tsm112 Member
Currently Being Moderated

What is all this taste of golf/platinum thing all about. Can you do it as a new standard MR member?

I have some nights booked already and im pretty sure I could meet these 'targets' alas no really definitive info to be found anywhere...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriotts Rewards Promotions/status upgrade
    pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Hi Tsm,

I haven't heard of this promotion.  May I suggest you call  866-921-3957  (Marriott Rewards Customer Service) and ask them about it as well as if they will sign you up.  Let us know what you find out.

Welcome aboard!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tsm112 Member

ok, maybe it is an old promotion. Im sure some Marriotts seasoned veterans will be able to fill us in.

kingkamea Platinum 1 Reviews

If it's the promotion that I'm thinking of.....it's called Taste of Platinum. If you register for the program, you have 3 months + whatever is left of the month that you are in to stay 20 nights at a Marriott property. During the promotion phase, you will be ungraded to Platinum status, and upon completing the required number of nights, you will be given Platinum status for the remainder of the current calendar year, plus the following calendar year.

But definately call the Customer Service number and ask about the promotion. Good luck!

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

kingkamea is right.  You can also do a Taste of Gold which would require less nights to meet the challenge.  You can also try the Taste of Platinum or Gold from any lower level.  For example, you might be a Silver Elite, but can go straight for the Taste of Platinum.  Best to do one of these a little before you expect some stays that will give you several nights towards your challenge.  You do get to enjoy the level you going to do the taste of, while you are trying to meet your challenge too.  That's the nice part.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...