14 Replies Latest reply: Aug 10, 2012 5:53 PM by lone6star RSS

Has everyone been offered a promotion for the Summer?

dalewood Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I have not :-((

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Has everyone been offered a promotion for the Summer?
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

dalewood

I am sure a quick call to the Marriott Rewards desk will get you what you want.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

We were registered for the Summer Bonus (40,000 points) and the Escape the Everyday promotion for 2 stays at Springhill Suites.  I also received a brochure in the mail describing the Springhill Suites promotion.  I don't remember ever having 2 promotions run simultaneously, but we'll sure be able to take advantage of both of these.

tmallon Platinum 1 Reviews

I received the 40,000 Summer Bonus but did not get any of the CY, FFI, or SHS promotions.  Maybe only those who don't stay at any of those regularly got them?  Though I generally do not stay at SHS, I do stay often at the CY and FFI.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

dale,

Baffling.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

dale:

Did you check your promotions page on marriott.com in the dropdown menu to see if they are there?

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Hi TEF,

I just checked on that link and my previous promotion had expired (they NEVER work for me either because of number of stays, place or time), and it said I had no new ones.  I'm not feeling like a very happy camper right now what with my attempt to use points at the Boscolo having failed.  I simply will not pay $1500 for 4 nights anywhere and I haven't used my points in ages.

Unless there's some clarification, I'll respond to begging from Priority Club (I've had five emails in two days) for me to come back. Maybe I will.

ProfC

Hi Prof:

You don't have the Marriott Summer promo and the Fairfield/other branding offerings there? Must be something wrong when you don't get them! I agree, the promos are not usually a good fit for me either, but the two I got (FFI for 7500 extra points for 2 stays) and the Marriott Summer promo (3 free nights) will both work well this time for me.

Something is amiss if there is nothing on your promo page.

It says I have nothing but something coming 'soon'.  Fairfield Inns wouldn't help me at all since there are none I know of in Europe. But I did check the right side on my home account page, and it said my previous promo had expired (no surprise there) but there were no new ones.

Honestly, I'm getting tired of all the nonsense trying to get breakfast, redemption, promos, etc.  I booked Mykonos, Greece with airfare for three weeks from now with a spa hotel for a total of $700 on expedia.  So maybe I should just go that route.  I get breakfast, free wifi, etc. -- all the supposed benefits I should get except that I don't earn points (actually, sorry, I do -- expedia has a new system where you DO get points).  But re: Marriott, what is the point of accumulating all these points on hotel stays and credit cards if for the first time in a year and half I try to use them and can't.  If the Boscolo Venezia had been a Cat 8 I would have understood, because that category originally (and maybe still has) exemption from the blackout policy.

I agree! It's very frustrating to spend all this time and money being loyal Marriott customers and we can't use the Rewards we earned when we want to........

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

ProfC,

Call the number below and they will get you signed up.  I read somewhere that they are having glitches with their promotion programs right now.

© 2012 Marriott International, Inc.

Professor,

Please see the below thread.

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/thread/10252

May I suggest you call 866-921-3957 (that's the number listed to register for the promotion) and ask them if you can register.  Others have done so (as recently as yesterday, and gotten signed up.

Hi Lori,

When I have a chance I will, except they NEVER offer me the promotions I can actually USE.  This has been a long-time gripe because most promos are intended for those who stay for extended periods mostly in the US.  I haven't even used my free Marriott Premier Chase card certificates in the past three years because none would have applied to overseas stay.

I'm honestly reaching my limit with Marriott Rewards.  Considering my upcoming trip to Mykonos (normally a very expensive place) and the fact that I paid a ridiculously cheap amount for airfare and hotel + wifi + breakfast + other amenities, I am beginning to wonder why I even bother with MR.  I have plenty of points to stay 6 nights at a Cat 8 hotel in Europe, except that of course we cannot do that because they are exempt.  And now that Cat 7s seem to make their own rules, I guess I'll just use my points for the least expensive European hotels I can stay at over the next several months then call it quits (not for MRI, just for MR).  I am sick and tired of this nonsense.

We were talking about this on another blog.  Everybody gets different offers and there has been success in contacting Marriott and asking to be signed up for this one or that one, or even being switched from this one to that one.  Call them and ask them what's available and then ask them to sign you up for the one that suits you best.

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

I called today and was registered for the MegaBonus promotion.  That was this morning, but I still don't see it on my Promotion page.  But I am not worried whether it appears or not, as I know Marriott will honor the phone conversation.  Whenever you call up, they date the conversation and make a note of it.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...