4 Replies Latest reply: May 1, 2012 12:47 PM by pluto77 RSS

Happy Birthday, Louisiana

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Today is Louisiana's 200th birthday.  They were admitted to the Union on April 30, 1812.  Prior to becoming a state, it was recognized as the Territory of Orleans.  It would be a great time to visit the state and help celebrate its' bicentennial year.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Happy Birthday, Louisiana
    erc Platinum

Razorback

We're at the JW on Canal in May, we'll toss back a hurricane in Louisiana's and your honor. Thanks for the heads up.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

You're very welcome.  Is this your first trip to The Big Easy or have you been before?  I hope you enjoy the JW.  We have never stayed there, but most Insiders have had great things to say about it.  It is really in a good location.

erc Platinum

Used to go often (staying at the Marriott on Canal), but haven't been in a few years. Yes, I'm excited about the JW, it looks terrific and like you say, seems to rate well with the insiders. I'm just hoping I win at the room view lottery. I read on trip advisor and other sites about Priceliners boasting (as they should) about their great corner rooms and I get envious, being all Marriott all the time. We'll see how it goes; but I'm not too worried,it's hard not to have a great time in Nola and  you can't beat the cuisine - crawfish etouffee, jambalaya, and gumbo. Who dat, here I come. Laissez le bon temps rouler !

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

Erc,

When I think of Louisiana, I think of my hair sticking to the back of my neck and back, and a never ending film of sweat.  But now your talkin'!  Mmm, nothing like some great cajun cuisine to whet my interest in the Big Easy.

Razor, how 'bout a post on why we should head on down your way and visit the Big Easy?!   Erc got my attention with one sentence, but I'd truly love to learn more (including when is the best time to go and not sweat! and any music festivals, city attractions, proximal places to visit...interesting history and legends...)

P.S.  Happy Bicentennial!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...