4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 25, 2012 11:17 PM by vaboywnder RSS

Courtyard  York, PA

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I spent four nights at the Courtyard in York, PA last week. I stayed in a King w/ Sofabed City View. This room came with a mini fridge.

PROS:

The hotel entry and lobby was fresh and up to date.

The parking area was well lit with multiple entry option.

Staff was pleasant and professional. The FD associate came from around the podium to hand me my room key (nice touch).

I was recognized as a Platinum member and thanked for me patronage.

The room was modern and all furnishings were in A-1 condition.

Coffee in the lobby in the AM was fresh and hot. All condiments were neat and replenished.

2 Computers and printer in lobby area in working order.

Many stores, including a mall, are within five minutes drive. Walmart a 3 minute walk.

Chain restaurants within 5 minutes drive. Longhorn, Chili's and Applebee's are walkable.

Harley Davidson Factory within 5 minute drive. Did the tour a couple of years ago. Well worth it back then.

CONS:

Water pressure in the shower was weak.

The shower stall (glass from floor to ceiling) door leaked profusely.

Water temp from bathroom sink was too hot or icy cold..no in between.

Next door warehouse type had loud semi-truck deliveries. Closing the window killed most of that noise.

Note: I don't use the Bistro at CYs so I have no report on food quality. I did see small groups sitting in the evenings and a few breakfast patrons in the AM.

OVERALL:  A nice hotel with a professionally trained staff.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Courtyard  York, PA
    razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

Hi pained, it sounds like you had a pleasant stay.  The only time we have been in York, PA, we were traveling by bicycle!  We spent the night at the Cycle Inn, a wonderful bed and breakfast.  It was run by a wonderful family.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Did you try to outrace some of the Amish buggies on your bike tour? They're not far from York

I checked in tonight, once again, for a two night stay at this Courtyard in York, Pa.   As I approached the hotel, a little after 10PM, I was greeted by a full parking lot. Always a little unsettling. The obvious question was, will my reserved room be there? I had a bad experience last week in a different hotel. So, in I go.....

Wonderful!! Not only did I still have a room, but I was upgraded to the King Suite! Same professional staff. Same warm welcome. Same well appointed room with modern furniture. The GM left a hand written note in the room, welcoming me and thanking me  for my patronage..nice touch.   The lobby with Bistro bar area was full of life. Something is happening in York, not sure what it is, but I'll snoop around and report back.

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

painedplatinum,

Sounds like it is a well run Courtyard.  Always a nice plus when you get the King Suite upgrade! 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...