13 Replies Latest reply: Apr 30, 2012 11:49 AM by pluto77 RSS

Where is this?

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Looking for city, state, country.  Ready, set, go!

Where is this Europe Germany Hohenschwangau horns.jpg

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Hoehnschwangau, Germany
  • Re: Where is this?
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Pluto,

Your question list a city of H, Germany.

This looks like Bavaria, but I think you may have given the answer away in your post?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

What?!

How did I give the answer away in my post?  The location I listed (required) is planet Earth!

Pluto,

The email I got says this is Hoehnschwangau, Germany?

Not trying to be difficult, but that is what it says.  I figured out it was Bavaria, but that is what it says.

Jaw drop.  How can that be?!   Ooohhhh... I must remember to rename the file name of the photo that I upload!   Ah, haha!

Well, you are 100% correct!  It is at Hoehnschwangau!  You get bragging rights and points for the correct answer.  And I am not really surprised that you got it anyway, you seem to know A LOT about Bavaria!

(I'll come up with another one...  and fellow Insiders, be careful what you name your photos!!)

I added the correct location tag too, since this question is now answered!

pluto,

I would not have been able to name that particular city, but knew about where it was. 

NO, please, I want, nor deserve any credit.

You must be getting ready for your big trip, that is what is important.

No worries.  I am ready for my trip, and looking forward to it.  Ready as I'll ever be , thanks to Insiders.

Pluto,

Stay in touch!  We enjoy you posts.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Switzerland

Extremely close!  Just across the border from Switzerland close.  You get half credit.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Riccola land?

Certainly looks like it.

The Alphhorn.

The Alphorn is an instrument that in times past had frequently been used as a signal-like instrument in many valleys throughout Europe, and also used in villages perhaps as early as the middle ages for a substitute for church bells.  It's origin is difficult to determine.  It is carved out of a single piece of wood, with the exception of the bell piece on the end which is affixed to the end.  There are no holes anywhere on the sides of the horn, which gives it that pure harmonic sound of an open pipe.  In the hands of a skilled composer or arranger, the natural harmonics can be used to create anything from a haunting melancholy to a charming pastoral flavor.  The 7th - 11th harmonic notes were said to be "God's Notes."  The remainder of the Chromatic Scale created by keys, valves, slides and other methods of changing the qualities of the simple open pipe were said to be just the sounds of "mere mortals."

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...