6 Replies Latest reply: May 2, 2012 9:56 PM by sooplatinum RSS

Baltimore area Marriotts

atlantabob Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

My wife and I are planning a weekend in Baltimore.  I got a good price at the Baltimore Marriott Hunt Valley Inn, but I saw mixed (several negative) reviews on TripAdvisor and Google.  I would appreciate any info on how good this property is with Platinum upgrade.  If not this property, which would you recommend?  Waterfront Marriott was much pricier.  Alternative is Priceline  4* lid which might be Waterfront Marriott, or not.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Hunt Valley, Maryland, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Courtyard South Bend Mishawaka
  • Re: Baltimore area Marriotts
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Hunt Valley is okay. It's a bit dated. The Inner Harbor hotels are all nice. Besides the Marriott, there's a Fairfield Inn & Suites, SpringHill Suites, Residence Inn, and Renaissance. These are all within walking distance of the Inner Harbor. That Waterfront Marriott and the Courtyard are not as close. If you want to be right where the action is, stay at the Inner Harbor. We've stayed at all but the Renaissance. The Res Inn is our favorite.  All have parking fees (not cheap). If you're staying in the area, but not downtown...Hunt Valley is fine. The BWI hotels are also close enough for a short ride.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

It's another "Tired property", there are too many of these in the US.  They were cool in the 70's but don't have it today.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Old and tired for sure

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

If you prefer to stay in the Hunt Valley Area you may consider Residence Inn.  It is ranked as the number one hotel in Hunt Valley on Trip Advisor.  Another good option not far away from Hunt Valley is the Towson University Marriott. I stayed there a few months ago and really enjoyed my stay.  I think all of the rooms there are suites.  Also if you stay in the Hunt Valley/Towson area I would highly recommend checking out Bluestone restaurant.  Excellent food and great atmosphere!

In general if your just looking to visit the Baltimore area there is a lot more to see near the Inner Harbor but the hotels are a bit more expensive there.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Hunt Valley Marriott is unique in its smallness and its charm as well as location. It is a venerable place and worth visiting too.

sooplatinum Platinum

YEs, it's dated.  Adequate.  It is a bit of a walk to the ligut-rail for any downtown trips.  Not a dealbreaker but it's not fun in rain, etc. 

I really prefer downtown Marriotts.  But, as mentioned above, the parking is crazy-high!

THe Full Service on Light Street has been pretty nice to me over the past few years.  And I know there are quite a few choices over the inner harbor.

ENjoy Baltimore. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...