19 Replies Latest reply: Oct 29, 2012 11:51 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Florida Keys - Which Marriott to Stay At?

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I am looking for feedback from the Insider's Group here for feedback on which is the best Marriott to stay at in the Florida Keys.  I have 2 teenage kids (16 and 19), so I  need more adult type of activities to occupy our time.

Thanks and looking forwartd to your suggestions, based on past experiences.  Would also like to know about best airports to fly in and out of, and any free shuttles.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Florida Keys, Florida, USA
  • Re: Florida Keys - Which Marriott to Stay At?
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Where in the keys are you planning on going..Key West???

I found in Key West, the Marriott properties are not located as well as other hotel chains that are closer to downtown, duvall street and all the action. I would actually recommend looking at the Holiday Inn or Hyatt properties in Key West as they are centrally located and again where all the action is.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

thanks for the prompt reply.  How far are the Marriott porperties from downtown/the action?

The Courtyard - 1.7 miles from downtown

Fairfield - 2.3 miles from downtown

Key West Marriott Beach Hotel - 3.5 miles from downtown

I have stayed at Key West Marriott Beach Hotel and it is a great resort but I felt it was very inconvienent to the action.

If I were to stay at a Marriott, I would problably stay at the Courtyard or Fairfield inn, although I have not stayed at either of these properties.

Maybe another Insider can give their insights into these locations.

I was just at Key West...You may want to view the link below:

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/ideas/1031

Thanks for the link and the pictures.  Will look into the Hyatt deal as well.

Where have all my postings go on Key West that I posted..It took a lot of effort and would appreciate an answer to why this posting was eliminated. For

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/ideas/1031

How many other of my postings which were put in as ideas were eliminated? These took a lot of effort on my part and suprised that they have been eliminated.

@community manager

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

jasper,

Agree with you that these photo's can really help other travelers to Key West.

Have posted many photo's of my great experiences in Key West, (It is NOT a place for everyone), and the information from MRI can be so helpful!

By the way, the Hyatt was within easy walking distance to Mallory Square (A must visit in Key West)  and the Wharf Area. I am a Lifetime Platinum Member with Marriott and almost always recommend staying at Marriott Properties. But in Key West, it is hard to beat the Hyatt Location.

Another Idea..If you apply for the Hyatt Chase Credit card, you get two free night immediately...I used those two free nights on my recent trip to Key West.

sooner Gold 1 Reviews

I was at the Marriott a year ago.  Great hotel - the rooms are really spacious, with washer and dryer and full kitchens.  They have a shuttle bus that runs pretty regularly to shuttle you to the strip (they drop you on/off at Jimmy Buffett's restaurant).  We had no problems using the shuttle, especially in light of the trade-off of good accomodations. Often times, the driver dropped us and others off at other places, if asked. The slight inconvenience of the shuttle was worth the luxury of the hotel, in our opinion. Nice pool - quiet especially after the noise of the strip.

That is part of my issue staying at a Marriott...I don't like to wait for shuttle service, no matter how regularly they run!!!!

That is interesting --- you say the rooms are spacious and Salvagelady says the room was tiny!  Guess Salvagelady had a smaller room.

salvagelady Member 3 Reviews

we didn't like the key west hotel and shuttle at all.....no beach....tiny room.  will never stay there again.  however, we did love the key largo hotel.

How far is it to the Beach fromthe Key West hotel?  Did the Key Largo havei it's own hotle?

Really don't think you can have a "Bad time", in Key West, no matter where you stay. 

If you are worried about that you may just want to stay home.

For one, I think it is a wonderful place, but not for everyone.

What airport do you fly into?  What choices are there?

lonestar,

You can fly into Key West, but I like to fly into Ft. Lauderdale and drive down. It is really a great drive.

Yes or you can fly into Miami and rent a car and drive down from there. However, you should look into flying directly to Key West and maybe the cost of renting a car would offset the additional airline cost since you really don't need a car while in Key West!!!

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

me too

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...