3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 29, 2012 10:04 PM by teacherman RSS

Is Your Vehicle Safe at Marriott Properties?

jerrygabbert Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Curious to see how many who have stayed at Marriott properties such as Courtyard, Springhill Suites, Residence Inn's, etc, have ever had their vehicle broken into by a burglar while staying at the hotel.  It recently happened t me and being a Gold Elite member about to gain Platinum status, I was treated as if I were a bum off the street when I alerted the manager about 5 cars having their windows smashed in the parking lot.  I was told they were not responsible and I was on my own.  When I asked about any type of security in the parking lot they quickly said it was not their responsibility to provide security as there are robbers that visit this hotel every few months!

Have any of you experienced this at a Marriott you've stayed at and if so, how did the staff treat you?

I will continue to stay at Marriott properties but will avoid franchise locations as this one was and will never stay there again nor recommend to anyone.

Avoid the following location:

Courtyard by Marriott

6530 West Freeway

Fort Worth, Texas 76116

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Fort Worth, Texas, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Fort Worth I-30 West Near NAS JRB
  • Re: Is Your Vehicle Safe at Marriott Properties?
    randomname Platinum 7 Reviews

I had a similar experience at the Residence Inn Midtown in Atlanta.  They even had a camera in the lot, but said it didn't work.  Off my list!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

sheshe Silver 1 Reviews

Hi.  This is a great forum because I feel the same way you do.  We have not had any problems with our cars but I have found that the valet parked lots tend to have more attention paid to the cars than others.  I have heard others complain and personally I think corporate is not notified.

Thank for the heads

up on Texas

teacherman Gold

Wow. Sounds familiar! My car got broken into (shattered side window) and some of my goods were stolen several years ago in Baltimore (Marriott Inner Harbor). When I told the manager, she told me that the parking (which is marked with marriott signs throughout) was not owned by Marriott so I was on my own. Then came the implication that if my goods were not visible, the robber may have passed my car for another. So basically, it was my fault. I was so angry and hurt to be treated that way that I vowed to never return. So, my cost for the stay was double what I intended (counting the cost of a new window and stolen material). Over time, I have been rather loyal to Marriott, but I have never forgotten that feeling. Sorry that this happened to you, too. To add to the story, I ended up having no choice but to stay at this hotel again (because I am loyal) and I have had no further car incidents. And I have found that, in spite of this one incident, is really a great hotel in many other ways. But I would think some Marriott points or a discount on the room or even a free meal would have made me feel better anyway. It would have been that golden opportunity that managers hope for in creating loyalty in its consumers. Hopefully, this will not happen to either of us again.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...